Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 29, 2022, 02:01:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246146
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 172
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: A decision has been made, just wanted to say thank you  (Read 2155 times)

starfire62

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 5
A decision has been made, just wanted to say thank you
« on: August 06, 2022, 02:15:24 pm »
Thank you to all of those who help so many of us on this page.  Officially 3 years after filing, 4 years after onset, almost 5,000 pages of medical records, two doctors stating I cannot work, limitations forms filled out, two ALJ hearings, one congressional inquiry, one lawyer along the way, brink of homelessness/bankruptcy with no support system, Finally the ALJ decision is currently in writing process.  My lawyer can't see yet if it's an approval or denial just that it's in the writing process and my account says someone is reviewing it.  (the "meet the non medical criteria").

I'm praying it's the approval I've waited so long for, if not I guess the Federal appeal is next.  This has been draining, exhausting, emotional, and so so hard.  I am praying for anyone else who's process like mine has been this drawn out. 

I just wanted to say thanks to the mega posters on this page who try to help us all.  JustMe and  Helper.  I know there are others but just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.   I'm extraordinarily nervous but knowing a lot of us are in the same position it helps.   Thanks for the community.

Barb2019

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 12
Re: A decision has been made, just wanted to say thank you
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 04:38:15 pm »
Prayers for a successful outcome.
Michigan
Initial App: 1/4/2019
Initial Denial: 8/17/2019
Prototype State-No Recon Level
Hearing Requested: 10/01/2019
Hearing Date: 4/21/2020
Hearing Decision: 5/01/2020
Fully Favorable Letter received: 5/08/2020
Award letter - 6/26/2020
Back pay - 6/22/2020
Monthly Payments begin 7/15/2020

Rosesrred

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 6
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 06:25:52 pm »
I bet if you check your My Social Security page it will tell you the decision before you get a call. ( Or I hope its there!)

Best of luck!!
Rosesrred

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 516
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 07:03:49 pm »
 :Support09:
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

starfire62

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 5
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 06:15:11 am »
@Newdawn

I knew I was missing someone in my mentions.   Thank you so much.

starfire62

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 5
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 06:16:22 am »
I bet if you check your My Social Security page it will tell you the decision before you get a call. ( Or I hope its there!)

Best of luck!!

I keep checking.   I'm extremely nervous.   This is a crazy process.   

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2022, 05:33:22 pm »
Is it with the writers or someone that is determining the non medical requirements? The reason I ask is because your local SSA office determines non medical eligibility. They would not be doing that unless the writers were finished, the ALJ has signed it and it was at your local SSA office. Did I misread that ?
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

starfire62

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 5
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 04:51:05 am »
Is it with the writers or someone that is determining the non medical requirements? The reason I ask is because your local SSA office determines non medical eligibility. They would not be doing that unless the writers were finished, the ALJ has signed it and it was at your local SSA office. Did I misread that ?

So my SSA account was still sitting at "your hearing was held etc etc judge is reviewing"  On Friday my lawyer emailed me to say they can see it's in writing process.   Then later on in the day Friday it said your local ssa is determining the non medical eligibility.  My lawyer said they still couldn't see it on their end the actual either approval or denial just that it was still in the writing process.   So I don't know if it was because it was late in the day Friday that my account updated and maybe today they will be able to see something?   Is there a way for me to check?   Or I guess I should touch base with my lawyer today.  That's the only thing I can think.  I have to figure out a living situation and because that takes planning I need to know if I got the approval so I can determine what I need to do for my living situation.   I would imagine it would be quick because my lawyer did submit a dire needs as well and also, I did a congressional inquiry a year ago after my first hearing and no decision being made for 6 months which set off the second hearing.  They actually also reached out to me on their own accord the beginning of last week stating they contacted SSA for an update because they were upset with my situation as well.  I didn't reach out to my congressman again, they did this on their own accord.   So I believe this decision even though it's more than 60 days past the second hearing now, is being expedited because of all of this.   Sorry I know that's a lot of details but my case has been a rough one it seems like.

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 04:57:15 pm »
Thanks for the details. If your attorney doesn't know anything you could try calling your local SSA office. 

starfire62

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 5
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 08:07:14 pm »
Thanks for the details. If your attorney doesn't know anything you could try calling your local SSA office.

My account already updated and it's a denial.

I have no idea what to do now.  I'm screwed.  Guess I need to talk to my lawyer about a federal appeal?   God this is just the worse situation anyone could ever be put in.

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 08:26:21 pm »
I am So Sorry.

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 516
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2022, 09:36:22 pm »
I am also really sorry to hear this outcome. I know it must be devastating.
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

SFVLance

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 203
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2022, 10:30:56 pm »
My account already updated and it's a denial.

I have no idea what to do now.  I'm screwed.  Guess I need to talk to my lawyer about a federal appeal?   God this is just the worse situation anyone could ever be put in.

I am sorry to hear this, starfire62.

The next step is actually the Appeals Council. If that is denied, then you have the option of filing a federal appeal. But you should ask your attorney about that now, because not all attorneys are registered to file in federal court, so if your is not, you will have time to find one who can (I'm sure your attorney would know where to refer it, if necessary).

Unfortunately, I don't know what the approximate turnaround times for the Appeals Council are these days when the claimant is in a documented dire needs situation.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 10:39:36 pm by SFVLance »
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took over six months to receive closed-period award pymt.

Yesenia313

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 3
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2022, 12:28:25 pm »
Sorry about your denial. Do not give up. I know every chase is different I also took my case to federal and got a remand and then a fully favorably decision.
Yesenia313

Rosesrred

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 6
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2022, 03:13:53 pm »
So very sorry you got a denial. :( This system is so difficult . I wish you the best of luck as you move forward.

Rose
Rosesrred