Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

August 16, 2022, 07:30:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16383
  • Latest: Kdog
Stats
  • Total Posts: 245813
  • Total Topics: 24540
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 94
Total: 98

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: ALJ made decision but SSA says a decision hasn't been made?  (Read 7451 times)

adubz003

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
I'm on step 4, final non-medical review. This status changed on May 10 and I called the hearings office that day and they said the decision was made and to expect something in the mail.

mySSA does not show a decision and the automated phone line says a decision has NOT been made.

In all the other times I have applied and appealed, all systems seemed to have told me I was denied within a few hours of an online status change.

I'm kind of getting my hopes up thinking it might've been approved because it doesn't say it's denied and according to the field office, a decision hasn't been made.

Does this mean it's going to go through Q&A or are they going to consider my financials for SSI? Whenever I've been denied, it usually says so hours after a decision was made.

Disabledvet100%

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 4
Re: ALJ made decision but SSA says a decision hasn't been made?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 03:32:55 pm »
Truthfully, I don't think anyone really knows.  May the odds always be in your favor.
Initial 09/9 Recon 3/20
ALJ 06/20 AC 10/20
Filed federal 10/20
New app 10/20 Recon 10/21
ALJ approved 3/22 then vacated
Fed and ALJ combined: Won via OTR 7/22

moekuk

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Re: ALJ made decision but SSA says a decision hasn't been made?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 08:31:58 pm »
I was the same. Hearing was April 14th.
May 6th online portal showed step 4 of 5, said ALJ completed my review.  Kicked back to local office for the non medical review. From what I read online in facebook, reddit and here, this has no baring on the outcome. Seems this is standard. Everyone had different outcomes.

In my case, I checked online May 11th and it showed 5 of 5 and approved.

I'm on step 4, final non-medical review. This status changed on May 10 and I called the hearings office that day and they said the decision was made and to expect something in the mail.

mySSA does not show a decision and the automated phone line says a decision has NOT been made.

In all the other times I have applied and appealed, all systems seemed to have told me I was denied within a few hours of an online status change.

I'm kind of getting my hopes up thinking it might've been approved because it doesn't say it's denied and according to the field office, a decision hasn't been made.

Does this mean it's going to go through Q&A or are they going to consider my financials for SSI? Whenever I've been denied, it usually says so hours after a decision was made.