Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 29, 2022, 02:01:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246146
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 172
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Mjwhite1 - Update - unfavorable  (Read 1938 times)

Mjwhite1

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 30
Mjwhite1 - Update - unfavorable
« on: August 10, 2022, 08:23:00 pm »
It hasn't let me log in/post for a long time but tonight it is, huzzah! I was granted a remand from my federal claim, it went back to last judge, but it went much better. I started working part time in late 2019, I kept it up, with many ups and downs for about 6 months before quitting over a mental health/physical relapse. But I tried again right away and was able to maintain that job, with multiple increases in hours and decreases in hours based on my mental health until last Fall when I tried to go full time and succeeded. It has been a stupid long road to get here (nearly 10 years and insane amounts of therapy) but I have successfully worked full time for 9 months. We adjusted the claim to be for a closed period and went into the hearing with statements from all three employers, stating how they've seen my disability, and watched me learn to cope and manage it. My former therapist also wrote a statement and I spent the hearing talking about the struggles I have overcome to be able to get where I am. That my hands still hurt when used, the same as they always have, but I am able to manage it and have the mental strength at this point to utilize tools that I could not do before. The judge was opposite of last time. She nodded and smiled through much of it, and at the end, asked if I liked my job, to which I do (I work in a library). She smiled very big when she said she didn't know how long it would take to hear back form her, but she would get a decision in as soon as she could.

The hearing was on July 19th. My lawyer said she started writing the decision on July 29th, so Im hoping to hear back any day. I won't stop if I am denied again, but Im so hopeful that I will get approved.

My marriage fell apart in all of this and Ive not been able to move out due to the huge financial burden that I have been for the past 9+ years, so this award would mean a solid future for me. And an end to the nightmare decade Ive had while Ive learned to live/function with my disability. Ive missed everyone and am sorry to have disappeared for years. I am also back in therapy 2-3x a week again and working very hard to get tools for my DID, PTSD, MDD, and anxiety.

Oh, does anyone have ANYTHING to tell me to give me hope on waiting for this decision. The stress is killing me. I feel like 2 weeks is to long to be an approval. I check my email like every 15 minutes. Any hope, from anyone. How long did it take for anyone once the judge started writing?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:27:23 am by Mjwhite1 »
Somatic Symptom Dis, DID, MDD, GAD, Panic, PTSD
AOD 10/13-32
Applied 10/14-Dnd
ALJ 04/26/17-Dnd 5/10/17
AC 6/17-assigned 3/29/18-Rmnd 5/9/18
ALJ 4/9/19-writer 6/14/19-Dnd 6/27/19
AC 7/19-analyst 4/2 & 6/8-adjudicator 4/17 & 6/16-Dnd 6/16/20
Fed 6/29/20-Rmnd 4/14/22
ALJ 07/19/22-writer 7/29-dnd 8/16

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 516
Re: Mjwhite1 - Update
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 10:05:41 pm »
It hasn't let me log in/post for a long time but tonight it is, huzzah! I was granted a remand from my federal claim, it went back to last judge, but it went much better. I started working part time in late 2019, I kept it up, with many ups and downs for about 6 months before quitting over a mental health/physical relapse. But I tried again right away and was able to maintain that job, with multiple increases in hours and decreases in hours based on my mental health until last Fall when I tried to go full time and succeeded. It has been a stupid long road to get here (nearly 10 years and insane amounts of therapy) but I have successfully worked full time for 9 months. We adjusted the claim to be for a closed period and went into the hearing with statements from all three employers, stating how they've seen my disability, and watched me learn to cope and manage it. My former therapist also wrote a statement and I spent the hearing talking about the struggles I have overcome to be able to get where I am. That my hands still hurt when used, the same as they always have, but I am able to manage it and have the mental strength at this point to utilize tools that I could not do before. The judge was opposite of last time. She nodded and smiled through much of it, and at the end, asked if I liked my job, to which I do (I work in a library). She smiled very big when she said she didn't know how long it would take to hear back form her, but she would get a decision in as soon as she could.

The hearing was on July 19th. My lawyer said she started writing the decision on July 29th, so Im hoping to hear back any day. I won't stop if I am denied again, but Im so hopeful that I will get approved.

My marriage fell apart in all of this and Ive not been able to move out due to the huge financial burden that I have been for the past 9+ years, so this award would mean a solid future for me. And an end to the nightmare decade Ive had while Ive learned to live/function with my disability. Ive missed everyone and am sorry to have disappeared for years. I am also back in therapy 2-3x a week again and working very hard to get tools for my DID, PTSD, MDD, and anxiety.

Oh, does anyone have ANYTHING to tell me to give me hope on waiting for this decision. The stress is killing me. I feel like 2 weeks is to long to be an approval. I check my email like every 15 minutes. Any hope, from anyone. How long did it take for anyone once the judge started writing?

It's so wonderful to hear from you again!!! Sorry the forum has been glitchy (there is another member who has been having on/off issues logging in--sometimes deleting your internet cache & cookies helps I think).

I'm so glad you have had the ability to learn some tools well enough to put into practice and cope. (If I recall, you had hand pain that couldn't be diagnosed as having a "physical" origin.) I hope your current library work is rewarding. I utilize several local libraries and so appreciate everyone who works at all of them. They are such a great resource for so many things and a real lifesaver at times.

I don't know hardly anything about timelines and the new online statuses that SSA gives at this stage. As you can see from my signature at the bottom of my post, I received my Fully Favorable about 69 days after my hearing, but this was many years ago when people were (on average) waiting quite a while for hearings and decision letters. Mine was about average wait time back then.

Hopefully others who have waited for a hearing decision more recently will weigh in. At least you can check status online now (and with your attorney) vs. having to wait for snail mail to arrive. Shaves off a few days from the wait time usually.

I found the wait for the hearing decision letter to be the most agonizing. For others, it's the wait for backpay to deposit and monthly payments to start.

I'm really hopeful that you win your closed period award since you've literally demonstrated over a decade your attempts to manage and cope with your disorders and your treating providers have even noted this.

I'm sorry about the end of your marriage but I don't think it's fair to think of yourself as a "financial burden." You were unwell. You sought treatment in order to get better or if that was not possible, get disability benefits that were due. I've never been married but from what I understand there are sometimes good times and sometimes bad times that must be weathered.

Backpay from a closed period award would definitely finally give you some freedom to move out, prepare for your future and whatever else has been put on hold due to lack of financial resources.

Best of luck and please let us know the eventual outcome  :Holiday06:
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

SFVLance

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 203
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 01:09:38 am »
MJWHITE1!!!

I am also sorry about your marriage, but glad that everything else seems to be moving forward positively.

Tried to send you a PM, but not working for me right now despite no apostrophes or quotation marks.

Sending positive vibes instead!

:Support12:  :Support12:  :Support12:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 07:45:55 pm by SFVLance »
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took over six months to receive closed-period award pymt.

defeatedwithanxiety

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 02:57:58 am »
Hey its me S! Weve been texting anyways but I just logged in and found you lol. You know im routing for you and I know how awful this journey has been for both of us so I really hope the approval comes soon.
GAD w panic attacks,depression, spasmodic torticollis, MCAS, UCTD,POTSortho hypotension, fibro

Initial filed 09/2018 denied
Recon denied
ALJ 1/21 denied
AC denied
Filed federal 08/21 remand 4/22
New app 2/21 denied
Recon denied 3/2
Alj and remand hearing waiting 6 months so far

Kicksnomore

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 121
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 06:16:33 am »
So happy to hear from you.  Congratulations on overcoming your issues enough to work again.  I am praying for your approval.
Disability: RA
Applied: 3/2015 (onset 8/2014)
First Denial: 6/15
Reconsideration Denial: 8/15
Hearing: 7/17
ALJ Denial: 9/17
AC Appeal: 11/19
AC Remand: 4/19
ALJ Hearing 2: 3/20
Fully favorable: 3/20

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 12:39:14 pm »
I Am So Proud Of You ! ! You Are Stronger Than You Know ! !
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

Mjwhite1

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 30
Re: Mjwhite1 - Update - unfavorable
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 10:28:20 am »
Denied.
Somatic Symptom Dis, DID, MDD, GAD, Panic, PTSD
AOD 10/13-32
Applied 10/14-Dnd
ALJ 04/26/17-Dnd 5/10/17
AC 6/17-assigned 3/29/18-Rmnd 5/9/18
ALJ 4/9/19-writer 6/14/19-Dnd 6/27/19
AC 7/19-analyst 4/2 & 6/8-adjudicator 4/17 & 6/16-Dnd 6/16/20
Fed 6/29/20-Rmnd 4/14/22
ALJ 07/19/22-writer 7/29-dnd 8/16

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 516
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 10:45:56 am »
Denied.

Unbelievable!  :Angry07: :Angry01: :Angry19:

I am so, so sorry about the decision.
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

CKD-Fred

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 10
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 01:32:17 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear of the outcome of things.
:Support24:
Disability:  Kidney Disease, Anxiety, Back Problems
State:  North Carolina
File Date:  Oct 2020
Age at Filing:  58
File Method:  Online App, No Lawyer
Monthly SSDI Pmts Began:  Aug 2021

Disabledvet100%

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 11
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 03:05:09 pm »