Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 30, 2022, 12:31:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16464
  • Latest: tgat241
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246152
  • Total Topics: 24582
  • Online Today: 113
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: My Federal against SS is being posted online along with all my medical info  (Read 2236 times)

Baddog404

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
It's recently came to my attention that when a search on google is done with my name the very first link that is listed is from Anylaw that shows a suit in Federal Court that was filed about 10 years ago against the Social Security Admin for a disability claim. Clicking on the link shows everything about the case including all the facts of the case which includes all my medical issues (both physical and mental), treatments, medications, how I am affected by my medical issues along with other very personal information.

I feel this is a complete invasion of privacy and do not like the fact that any neighbor, past, present, or future acquaintances, relatives, creditors, or anyone else on the planet can view my complete medical info just by googling my name. I cannot think of a bigger invasion of privacy, anyone who googles my name can and will see this.

Anylaw (and any similar site) is simply posting publicly obtained info therefore they hold zero responsibility. I don't feel my right to privacy should be forfeited the rest of my life due to one arm of the Government forcing me to file suit against another (I did win). I am seriously at a loss as to what to do. Anyone have any ideas?

yabaya

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 6
Re: My Federal against SS is being posted online along with all my medical info
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 08:54:02 pm »
Baddog404, I totally get where you're coming from.  It is terrifying.  Unfortunately, my understanding is if a case goes to federal court, nothing, including HIPAA comes into effect and your medical record and ssa case ends up being public. 

Although you can't stop your record from being public at the federal level, you can have information aggregating websites to remove your personal information.  Most of these websites have an opt out option buried somewhere on their site.  Also, there are services you can subscribe to that will actively scan the internet and have your personal information deleted.  If you google for such services you should be able to find them easily.  Again some of these subscription services will continuously scan and delete as long as you pay their fees or you can do a one time pay to have a lot of you personal data deleted (if you do one time, chances are at a later time that information will end up popping on on a different site). 

Best of luck.

Baddog404

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:39:03 pm »
Yea I already tried that and they responded with this:

As a matter of public policy, transparent access to the law, accessibility to courts and to ensure the legal public domain is unadulterated by special interest, AnyLaw will remove or redact a document only under the following circumstances:

Expungement:

PicoBoulevard

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 44
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 11:11:45 pm »
Would you happen to live in California or Virginia?  In 2020, California enacted the California Consumer Privacy act giving businesses 45 days to remove personal information following a request.  The businesses are also required to disclose the deletion right in their privacy policy.  But the information to be removed "has to have been provided by the individual." 

Virginia has a stronger privacy law that requires businesses to remove personal information when requested, no matter who originally provided the information.