Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 01, 2022, 02:39:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16300
  • Latest: Justru
Stats
  • Total Posts: 245490
  • Total Topics: 24498
  • Online Today: 251
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 95
Total: 98

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Had my remand hearing today  (Read 5432 times)

ChrisEMT

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 15
Had my remand hearing today
« on: May 17, 2022, 03:43:46 pm »
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to update and let everyone know I had my remand hearing today.  It was short and to the point, and dealt with the issue in the remand of "audio recording issues" that happened during my last phone hearing...

The hearings office called, got everyone on the line, and there was feedback, so they called back about 10 minutes later with the issue resolved. 

Everyone introduced themselves (judge, court reporter, VE and myself).  After reading why the case was ranked, going over my work history for the 15 years prior to my application,  and current job (20 hour, minimum wage Jobe that worked within my restrictions including 24 hours or less of work every week), they asked what the restrictions are (max of 24 hours a week, elevating legs 15 minutes an hour, being able to sit as needed).  Then the judge swore in the VE and asked if the hypothetical person that can do my previous work, and she said dispatcher. He then added in needing to take a 20 minute break every other hour, in addition to the normal breaks and she said no, there are  no jobs anywhere in the national economy that would accommodate that... 

The judge then said he had all the information he needed, and he would review the records and issue his decision in 4 - 6 weeks...  I expect to have to wait the full 60 days allowed by SSA policy, and be a favorable decision this time.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 09:09:32 pm by ChrisEMT »

Disabledvet100%

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 3
Re: Had my remand hearing today
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 12:17:33 pm »
It seems the judge was on your side asking that question.  May the odds always be in your favor.
Initial & Recon 9/19-DENIED
ALJ Hearing 5/20 & Appeals Council 10/20 -DENIED                                             
Federal District Court 01/21- REMANDED
 SECOND FILING
Initial& Recon 8/20-DENIED
ALJ Hearing- 03/22 Fully Favorable than vacated
Combined ALJ Hearings with Remand-TBD

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1036
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 03:47:38 pm »
Keep us posted.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

Kyjones68

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 02:24:37 am »
Let's hope you get approved this time. I'm waiting for my remand hearing also mine is remanded from federal court.
I have the same issues. Need to elevate feet and a b4eak every 20minutes. Please keep us poste and I do hope you get your approval. The wait time can get long but if approved well worth it. I've been trying since 2016.