Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 01, 2022, 01:11:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16300
  • Latest: Justru
Stats
  • Total Posts: 245490
  • Total Topics: 24498
  • Online Today: 251
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 91
Total: 92

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Need a recomendation for lawyer that handles everything from the start!  (Read 775 times)

dadej2005

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
  • Major depression, Anxiety, who knows what else.
I am looking for a lawyer who can help me get my medical records, and help me file my application for disability, and help me the whole way through. I live in Central Tx, but can i use a lawyer from a different state? not sure how that works. If you had a great lawyer that understands clients with mental health issues depression,anxiety etc. let me know please. Thanks

SFVLance

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 201
Welcome back, dadej2005. Please check your PMs.
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took over six months to receive closed-period award pymt.

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1036
  • Nice Administrator
You do not have to get copies of your medical records. DDS will get them. Some psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, etc. Will not release some patients medical records to them. It is up to each provider.

It can be difficult to impossible to find an attorney that will take a case before the hearing level. It is best to have an attorney from your area. They know the ALJ's and have been before them before. National companies deal in volume. They can be difficult to get in touch with directly, if at all. Some private attorneys can be the same way. But you have the opportunity to do a free consult with local attorneys before hiring them. All attorneys do not offer free consults but many do.

Have you read over the disability application?  An attorney has to get the required information from the clients before filling it out. There are also other forms that an attorney cannot fill out. The client has to do it. Maybe a friend or family member could help you fill out your disability application.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.