Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 28, 2022, 01:15:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246138
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 76
Total: 76

You are no longer alone ...

Poll

How many CDRs (short or long form) did you receive since turning age 60? (DO NOT answer this poll if you're younger than age 60.)

Zero short or long form CDRs received since turning age 60
20 (83.3%)
1 short or long form CDR received since turning age 60
2 (8.3%)
2 short and/or long form CDRs receiving since turning age 60
0 (0%)
3 short and/or long form CDRs received since turning age 60
1 (4.2%)
4 or more short and/or long form CDRs received since turning age 60
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: CDR Survey age 60 and over  (Read 26207 times)

samy

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 19
Re: CDR Survey age 60 and over
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2021, 06:28:19 pm »
Just Me, you are a very lucky person. From the age of 57 till full retirement without a CDR, that is great to hear. My wish, is to say that  one day. Wish you great retirement.

Keith 62

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 9
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2021, 10:43:57 am »
Just Me, you are a very lucky person. From the age of 57 till full retirement without a CDR, that is great to hear. My wish, is to say that  one day. Wish you great retirement.

Same here went on SSDI, at age 55 now on full retirement at age 66 and 2 months without never having a CDR. My approval for SSDI was a on the record decision on blue book listing 4.12.B, took exactly one year from filing to approval.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:46:09 am by Keith 62 »

MisplacedTexan

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 39
  • Joined Forum early 2010 and approved in 2012
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2021, 02:01:59 pm »
Bump.  It is now late November 2021, and I have turned 61 and have had no contact from SSA. And no CDR.   Obviously no guarantees but it looks like I am unlikely to get another CDR at my advanced age.  I was listed as Medical improvement not expected  on my last CDR and that was more than 5 years ago. My health has continued to spiral downward and it seems like I have now developed another serious condition on top of the ones I was initially approved for.
Wise Old Texas Cowboy saying  "Never Squat With Your Spurs On"

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in order like they should be.

Caregiver to 4 wonderful rescued dogs.

samy

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 19
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2021, 04:02:04 pm »
Bump.  It is now late November 2021, and I have turned 61 and have had no contact from SSA. And no CDR.   Obviously no guarantees but it looks like I am unlikely to get another CDR at my advanced age.  I was listed as Medical improvement not expected  on my last CDR and that was more than 5 years ago. My health has continued to spiral downward and it seems like I have now developed another serious condition on top of the ones I was initially approved for.

Keep fingers cross, and I hope you never ever receive another CDR Until you reach your retirement.

MisplacedTexan

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 39
  • Joined Forum early 2010 and approved in 2012
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2021, 02:33:42 am »

Keep fingers cross, and I hope you never ever receive another CDR Until you reach your retirement.

Thanks Samy, I think with all the CV19 issues recently it certainly has at least reduced  and slowed them down on CDR's.
Wise Old Texas Cowboy saying  "Never Squat With Your Spurs On"

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in order like they should be.

Caregiver to 4 wonderful rescued dogs.

danjean1

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2022, 10:47:23 am »
I am now 60

heyjoe

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 64
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2022, 11:14:14 am »
hopefully you are done with cdr's

christoph

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 3
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2022, 08:27:20 am »
Hello All, Been awhile. Figured I'd add to the CDR survey. I was approved for SSDI at 54 years and 10 months. My letter indicated MINE 5-7 year review period. I turned 60 in February and so far, zero CDR's. Hopefully my fortune continues.

Stating the obvious, this forum was invaluable to me and continues to be for everyone. Thank you so much.

heyjoe

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 64
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2022, 09:26:15 am »
well I did not get a CDR in June, which is when i have gotten them in the past,so I have not gotten one now in 7 years, at 58 years of age. They have one more shot at me in October, since i will be full retirement in August of 2023. Anything coming in February 2023 could easily just have the clock run out. 

forumposter100

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 7
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2022, 10:12:54 am »
it would be interesting to also add or factor in those that work pt and those who do not work at all if that playing into the cdr process

heyjoe

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 64
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2022, 11:43:23 am »
it would be interesting to also add or factor in those that work pt and those who do not work at all if that playing into the cdr process
very likely it does.  there is a person here who was getting short form cdr's like clockwork until almost 65 because he was working. while i think that was an exception, anecdotal evidence seems to show that people who are working seem to get full cdr's more frequently. I don't know if there is actually any public information on this though.

Note: I corrected a few errors i made in this post. my memory aint what it used to be
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 03:07:52 pm by heyjoe »

BRBB

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 104
  • When life gives you minnows - be a Walleye
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2022, 12:06:50 pm »
To correct......there "is" a person here that got short formed every 18 months like clockwork.
I was always prepped for it, after the first couple of times, and walked my paperwork into the local office. Typically the entire process from start to continuation letter was 3-4 weeks.
Mine were as a result of being right at max SGA for years.

Best wishes,

BRBB
Philip

heyjoe

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 64
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2022, 03:09:39 pm »
To correct......there "is" a person here that got short formed every 18 months like clockwork.
I was always prepped for it, after the first couple of times, and walked my paperwork into the local office. Typically the entire process from start to continuation letter was 3-4 weeks.
Mine were as a result of being right at max SGA for years.

Best wishes,

BRBB
Philip

i corrected the errors, and left a note that i did so , so your post isnt just hanging there without context. Did you get a short form at 65?

BRBB

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 104
  • When life gives you minnows - be a Walleye
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2022, 08:57:22 am »
Hey Joe,

I think I did get one after 65. I know I got a continuation letter after 65.

Best wishes,

BRBB
Philip

heyjoe

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 64
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2022, 10:08:15 am »
Hey Joe,

I think I did get one after 65. I know I got a continuation letter after 65.

Best wishes,

BRBB
Philip

wow, so less than a year before full retirement for you! they really took you the distance. i hope you are enjoying your ssdi retirement and working. your ss amount will continue to go up until age 70 when you work after full retirement. is that correct?