Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 29, 2022, 01:06:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246146
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 172
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 85
Total: 85

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Does working guarantee a long-form?  (Read 1242 times)

busparo

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Does working guarantee a long-form?
« on: August 10, 2022, 01:31:37 am »
If a person works part-time, making less than $700 a month, does that usually trigger a long-form at the next review, or does it not really matter? If there is a review, is working at that level looked at with scrutiny? Thanks!

Helper

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 585
Re: Does working guarantee a long-form?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 06:08:00 am »
You will not necessarily get a long form.

And details of the job will matter as far as if it will get added scrutiny if you get a long form.  If you are doing something that is "against your restrictions", then it will be looked at. For example, someone with a bad back having a job as a mover is different than the same individual watching a security camera for a few hours.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:12:18 am by Helper »

BRBB

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 104
  • When life gives you minnows - be a Walleye
Re: Does working guarantee a long-form?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 07:33:07 am »
I cannot speak to all possible what if scenarios, I can speak to mine.
I got approved for SSDI at age 58.
I worked continuously from age 59 to when I transitioned to full retirement at age 66. I'm still working now at near 68.
I routinely (approx every 18 months) got a short form.....and was always right at SGA. In fact, some months I was significantly over SGA (bonuses, etc.).

Never once got a long form.

After the first couple of reviews, I had the whole thing down to a science & was always prepared in advance for the cdr I knew was coming. Heck, the last couple of reviews I got a phone call from the local office (same individual every time) to ask me if anything had changed. Usually from receipt of cdr to the letter for continuation, it was a 3 week process.

Like I said, this is my scenario and is not indicative of how the process works for everyone.

What Helper said is spot on. If something stands out, the chances of a long form increase.

Best wishes,

BRBB
Philip