Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 01, 2022, 02:37:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16300
  • Latest: Justru
Stats
  • Total Posts: 245490
  • Total Topics: 24498
  • Online Today: 251
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 99
Total: 102

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: first 454 long form 25 years later  (Read 29246 times)

CGF

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
Re: first 454 long form 25 years later
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2022, 02:02:04 pm »
During a long-form review, when SSA sends your doctors request for your medical records do they always make the request to them by fax or is it by postal mail?

Also, when your doctors send the records back to SSA, are they given the option of how to send them back to SSA, i.e. by fax or mail?

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 503
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2022, 03:30:59 pm »
During a long-form review, when SSA sends your doctors request for your medical records do they always make the request to them by fax or is it by postal mail?

Also, when your doctors send the records back to SSA, are they given the option of how to send them back to SSA, i.e. by fax or mail?

I've only ever heard of DDS faxing the medical records request to one's doctor(s). I don't have the answer to your second question but I'm guessing your doctor could mail them to the same address that you are given the option of using. However, I'm guessing DDS would prefer them faxed because DDS would be able to verify from the senders fax# that the records came directly from the doctor's office.
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

mark

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 21
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2022, 06:18:45 pm »
did you ever get the 455 form? or is this full cdr first one ever? i was told by analyst back when i got full cdr,that when CDR,S officaly resumed in late 90,s everyone for first cdr got FULL cdr

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1036
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2022, 09:00:09 pm »
A beneficiaries first CDR may or may not be a long form.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

Florida

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2022, 11:22:31 am »
Here we go again. As you all know i received the 454 long form. filled it out sent it in.
Now i have received the SSA-3373 from the Florida department of Health.
Can someone please help me understand why all of this is coming at me at once after 25 years on SSI disability.
When i called the number & gave my case number that is on the 3373 form, i spoke to a lady & she said case hasn't been assigned to anyone yet & they don't have my SS file as of yet as well.
Don't understand why they would send me forms if they hadn't even reviewed my original SSA file.
Do i need to hire an attorney for this situation? All just seems really odd to me & I'm very confused.

Helper

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 580
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2022, 12:03:25 pm »
You do not need to hire an attorney for a CDR.  In fact, it will be difficult to even find an attorney for a CDR case because there is no backpay.  You would need to file a several thousand dollar retainer.

If you have not been reviewed for 25 years, you likely have a paper file so it takes time for SSA to get it from storage.  They are speeding up the review process by requesting the 3373 form now instead of reviewing everything first.

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 503
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2022, 12:43:39 pm »
Here we go again. As you all know i received the 454 long form. filled it out sent it in.
Now i have received the SSA-3373 from the Florida department of Health.
Can someone please help me understand why all of this is coming at me at once after 25 years on SSI disability.
When i called the number & gave my case number that is on the 3373 form, i spoke to a lady & she said case hasn't been assigned to anyone yet & they don't have my SS file as of yet as well.
Don't understand why they would send me forms if they hadn't even reviewed my original SSA file.
Do i need to hire an attorney for this situation? All just seems really odd to me & I'm very confused.

During a long form CDR, it's normal to get form SSA-3373 after you return form SSA-454. Many of the questions are similar or the same (which has always seemed a bit redundant to me) but that's usually how it goes. I went through a long form a few years ago and that's how it went. Usually the local office sends out SSA-3373 and then once your case gets transferred to your state's DDS (Disability Determination Services), you get form SSA-454. Usually around this time, they (at the state DDS level) also finally get around to faxing your doctor(s) for the past 12 months of medical records (they fax the doctors you would have listed on form 3373).

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1036
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2022, 02:06:26 pm »
It is standard for those receiving SSI to have financial reviews periodically. Have you had a financial review ? It is totally separate from the CDR 

Florida

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2022, 03:05:02 pm »
No, I have not had a financial review. Also, My SSA-454 came First from my local SSA office. Filled out & returned with the 827 form.

Then i just received the SSA-3373 yesterday on 2-11-22 from the Florida Department of Health requesting its return by 2-14-22 which is impossible to do.

Just now mail came & i got a (Pain Questionnaire form) From the Florida Department of health requesting its return by 2-14-22.

I'm completely overwhelmed here with all of this going on.

I feel like there treating me as a new claimant who has just filed for SSI.

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 503
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2022, 04:02:27 pm »
No, I have not had a financial review. Also, My SSA-454 came First from my local SSA office. Filled out & returned with the 827 form.

Then i just received the SSA-3373 yesterday on 2-11-22 from the Florida Department of Health requesting its return by 2-14-22 which is impossible to do.

Just now mail came & i got a (Pain Questionnaire form) From the Florida Department of health requesting its return by 2-14-22.

I'm completely overwhelmed here with all of this going on.

Don't worry too much (I say this realizing it's pretty near impossible not to worry during a CDR). So far what you're experiencing with the forms is standard and unlike when you first applied for benefits, the burden is now on SSA to prove you can work earning SGA ($1,350/month for the nonblind in 2022). And they start sort of from the assumption that you still have the same impairments and limitations (unless you your medical records and the forms you fill out suggest otherwise, which is rare).

Also, it's relatively unusual to have your benefits ceased after a CDR. I think it's something above 85% have their benefits continued but I can't find the exact statistics right now. Obviously each person's situation is unique but I'm just pointing the general trend/% to show that it's not like SSA is trying to kick everyone off disability during a CDR.

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1036
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2022, 06:58:32 pm »
The letters you received have a number on them. There should be a number for your DDS caseworker along with their name. If not, there will be a main number on the letters. Call and tell them you just received the letters and ask for a extension. They should have no problem with giving you an extension. 

Florida

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2022, 11:41:27 am »
Ok, Called & Spoke to my DDS Case worker, he said that they are only asking for the last 4 months of my doctor visits/records. He also stated that they are only updating my file since it has not been done since 2012 & that i have nothing to worry about & that i will more than likely never have to do this again.

I don't know if i should believe this DDS Case worker or not. It seems strange to only want last 4 months of records from my Family doctor, my Urologist, My Oncologist & then tell me that i more than likely will never have to do this again after this & mentioned something about my diary.

What do you all think of this? I do appreciate everyone's opinions & knowledge on this forum. Thank you all.

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1036
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2022, 04:46:05 pm »
I agree it is unusual. I would take what  your caseworker said with a grain of salt. On the other hand, with your age and the cancer. Assuming your medical records support what you said. Your caseworker might be right. There are no guarantees either way. Continue to see your doctors and follow their treatments and you should be fine.

mark

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 21
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2022, 04:54:49 pm »
1997 was like first or second yr they started doing reviews again, guy who did my 2002 said anyone who got on after the  cdr stoppage in 85 or 86 they are supposed to do long form for first cdr......