Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 06, 2022, 01:06:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 245509
  • Total Topics: 24501
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 73
Total: 74

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Short Form-455 Online Signature  (Read 742 times)

diane

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 1
Short Form-455 Online Signature
« on: June 14, 2022, 11:26:01 am »
Hello,
It's been a long time since I've visited here. I help my Bipolar/Schizophrenic brother with his SSDI. This site and the wonderful people helping others like my brother navigate the process was a Godsend and I am so grateful to all!

I'm writing because my brother just got a short form CDR-455 in the mail and I have a few questions. I'd like to do it with him online but I'm concerned about the signature aspect. Does he use the mouse or track pad to sign?

Also, once you begin to fill out form online, can you stop and come back later if you need to?

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 504
Re: Short Form-455 Online Signature
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 12:36:42 pm »
Hello,
It's been a long time since I've visited here. I help my Bipolar/Schizophrenic brother with his SSDI. This site and the wonderful people helping others like my brother navigate the process was a Godsend and I am so grateful to all!

I'm writing because my brother just got a short form CDR-455 in the mail and I have a few questions. I'd like to do it with him online but I'm concerned about the signature aspect. Does he use the mouse or track pad to sign?

Also, once you begin to fill out form online, can you stop and come back later if you need to?

www.ssa.gov/ssa455-online-form (for reference)

I don't think you can save and come back so you might want to review the form online first and make sure you/he know the answers to all the questions if you don't want to have to come back and keep restarting. It's a pretty short form to complete though. Here's what it looks like: https://www.ssdfacts.com/forms/SSA-455-OCR-SM.pdf

I checked the digital copy I kept of the short form I submitted online and I digitally signed with my mouse (I can tell by looking at my signature that it was done via a mouse--I just recognize a mouse signature). I guess you would use a trackpad if you don't use a mouse. After you "sign" and submit the thing online, an confirmation email is sent right away to the email address you provide and you have to click on the link in the email to complete the process. That's about it. Pretty easy.

Edited to add: I believe if you mess up your signature, you can digitally erase and try signing again until you get it looking decent. My memory isn't the best but I'm pretty sure this is true.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 12:38:36 pm by newdawn »
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

diane

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 12:58:22 pm »
Thanks, newdawn!
His hands shake quite a bit so his online signature is bound to be wonky. It's wonky on paper now too.

Thanks so much for including the form so I can be ready to help him when we get together.

Diane :)

upndown

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 9
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 05:47:47 pm »
You cannot save and come back so best to complete paper form then apply answers online.

There is a new feature with the online 455, you can download files but wouldn't recommend doing it as you take the risk that it will spit out to an agent for review.

You don't have to use your mouse, enter his full name on the keyboard, software will use different font.

Will look kind of like that:

SIGN HERE
John Doe                                     TELEPHONE NUMBER

John Doe (Jun 14,2022 4:45 PDT)                    XXX-XXX-XXXX

You will get a confirmation email and be able to print or download the entire online 455 that you sent out.

diane

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 06:28:44 am »
Thanks, upndown!