Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 27, 2022, 11:38:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246137
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 282
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 100
Total: 101

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: SSA-455 on line Submission - How long does it take to process.  (Read 6760 times)

videonitekatt

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 1
Was just wondering - got the SSA-455 short form summited on-line with no problems in the 14th  - how long is the average these days to it to be processed and get a reply-decision-next step. (and keep in mind the 20th was a federal holiday observed) Being a Low with a score of 0047 not to concerned about a full CDR this time around.

What's been noticed as the average the last few months?

Facts

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 15
Re: SSA-455 on line Submission - How long does it take to process.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 03:46:16 pm »
Seems like nobody could bring it down to small variances like a holiday because of so many competing variables.

2022 online mine took about 25 days.

A similar post to this a lot of people seemed to get a response at/before 30 days.

👍🏻

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 516
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 05:41:33 pm »
In June 2021, it took 39 days for my short form submitted online. Just in case that helps you at all.
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

videonitekatt

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 11:50:20 am »
In June 2021, it took 39 days for my short form submitted online. Just in case that helps you at all.

That's not bad, considering it was during the pandemic. I've read the average is about 30-40 days, just wanted to see what the average was among our fine members here.

SaveTheAtty

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 61
  • Primum non nocere
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 08:51:56 pm »
I submitted my short form online this year.

Last time I filed it by mail, it took over one year to return.

I'm surprised I'm still alive.  My annual medication costs exceed $400k

Will update once completed. 

---STA

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 09:00:05 pm by SaveTheAtty »

pixie1960

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 16
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 09:39:45 pm »
Hi STA . Good to see you are still around. Wow, that's an unreal Annual Medication cost! I hope you get some good help with that. I know you've had a lot of sickness. I figured you might have aged out of receiving another CDR (Whatever age that is). Some say you receive the last one at age 58, some 60, some say it's fair game up until your normal Retirement date.

If you don't mind saying, what is your current age? The reason I ask is I am currently 62 and am due a CDR in October, unless I have "aged-out" , so to speak.

Take good care of yourself as best as you can.

Good to see you still posting and kicking!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 10:50:26 pm by pixie1960 »
Multiple Sclerosis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 3, Bell's Palsy.

SaveTheAtty

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 61
  • Primum non nocere
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 09:05:48 am »
Hi STA . Good to see you are still around. Wow, that's an unreal Annual Medication cost! I hope you get some good help with that. I know you've had a lot of sickness. I figured you might have aged out of receiving another CDR (Whatever age that is). Some say you receive the last one at age 58, some 60, some say it's fair game up until your normal Retirement date.

If you don't mind saying, what is your current age? The reason I ask is I am currently 62 and am due a CDR in October, unless I have "aged-out" , so to speak.

Take good care of yourself as best as you can.

Good to see you still posting and kicking!

Hi, Pixie,

Nice to see you are well and almost "aged-out".

I'm 55 on paper, but Mother Nature says 85.  Just when you think you've had it all, something else pops-up with health-wise.  I spend a good deal of time dealing with billing, insurance and medication issues these days.  The system of healthcare is exhausting and senior/disabled-friendly.  I've still got skillz, tho.

For those receiving MEDICARE benefits:  Medicare will only pay for ONE mobility device every 5 years (wheelchair, rollator, etc).  No exceptions.  It is prudent that if you begin having mobility issues and you suspect you'll need a fancy motorized wheelchair down the line, purchase or get a donated rollator or push wheelchair in the interim.  VFW, Fire Stations, Subsidized housing buildings and local thrift stores often keep a closet of donated mobility items that they give away.  A new rollator costs around $100-$250.  Doing so will save your Medicare Mobility benefit for when you need the expensive, fancy motorized wheelchair.

That's All,

---STA

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 09:07:53 am by SaveTheAtty »

videonitekatt

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2022, 10:50:49 am »
(Brining this response here since It's my original thread of the subject)

Got through to the local office his morning (7/11/22)- on a Monday Moring rather promptly (I'd say about 10 minute wait! and It's a major suburb of a major city!) Latest is it's still being processed that the offical date was July 8th - it took from being summited electronically on June 14th to July 8th to be put from one system to another to get from submission to processing I guess. But so far, everything is in order, no notices or anything. I don't think it might have been seen by a "real" Person. I'm a Low at 0047

Got FANTASTIC customer service - and on a Monday morning, too. They subjected I contact the local office again for any updates - guess the is a good thing. We know they are running 30-45 days on these things in average. And she did say the holiday Did disrupt things.

Oh, I do dread being a 5% and having to do a SSA-454. ("Long Form")  (As I've mentioned 3 Psychiatrists in 2 years, a change to and then a return of one of my key diagnosis. UIt's more crazy than I am :) )

videonitekatt

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2022, 10:52:05 am »
Pardon the typos...

SaveTheAtty

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 61
  • Primum non nocere
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2022, 05:59:56 pm »
Short Form CDR online processed in 5 weeks.  It's quite the improvement over the last one which went well past 52 weeks.  Thanks, computer!  AI is everywhere. 

---STA

mark

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 21
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2022, 09:17:44 am »
people who got their 455 letter from wilkes barre direct operations did your deferral letter come from same address? i have letter from PC2 mid atlantic coming today but i thought if they do full cdr it came from local office?

NorCalGuy

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 3
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2022, 12:10:04 pm »
people who got their 455 letter from wilkes barre direct operations did your deferral letter come from same address? i have letter from PC2 mid atlantic coming today but i thought if they do full cdr it came from local office?

Enjoy your deferral letter, Mark. Because that's what's coming today. Mid atlantic from Philly.
Bilateral hip osteoarthritis, Neuropathy, Degenerative disc disease.

mark

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 21
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2022, 12:55:00 pm »
yep thats what it was, videonitekatt i did mine online june 10th and my deferral  came today in mail

heyjoe

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 64
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2022, 10:14:39 am »
yep thats what it was, videonitekatt i did mine online june 10th and my deferral  came today in mail

congratulations!

DisabledInWI

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 68
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2022, 04:08:02 pm »

FYI, long-form CDR paperwork is mailed in a large (9 x 12) envelope rather than a standard letter-sized one.
Age at Application: 48 (Currently 59)
Disability: Patellofemoral osteoarthritis both knees; Osteoarthritis left hip
Applied: 04/2012
Approved: 07/2012
Award Letter Received: 08/2012
First Payment Received: 09/2012