Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 30, 2022, 12:47:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16464
  • Latest: tgat241
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246152
  • Total Topics: 24582
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 98
Total: 98

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Upcoming CDR February 2023 Question  (Read 39055 times)

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
Re: Upcoming CDR February 2023 Question
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2022, 12:43:22 pm »
When medical records are not received. They usually send the beneficiary to a SSA doctor for a exam 
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

upndown

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 11
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2022, 02:49:17 pm »
Hi...i haven't gotten a short or long form yet, but in case i have a short form coming in February,  on the listed conditions,  i know to list Depression and Anxiety,  but is there a better way to put Borderline Personality Disorder? I don't want t put BPD and the computer red flag it? Any information is appreciated.

Hi, you mentioned that you were approved for MDD and GAD, I would stick with these disorders and not include BPD on the short form(455). As long as it is related to Psychiatry, it will go through. There are only 16 boxes in the reason for visit so you won't be able to fit everything but you can write the following X3:

MOOD ANXIETY DIS   02 23(Month/Year of appointment/visit)
MOOD ANXIETY DIS   01 23
MOOD ANXIETY DIS   11 22

Eagle In Flight

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2022, 03:23:12 pm »
Thank you all, that helps greatly! I'm more prepared if the short form comes (Crossing fingers).

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 516
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2022, 03:32:09 pm »
Hi...i haven't gotten a short or long form yet, but in case i have a short form coming in February,  on the listed conditions,  i know to list Depression and Anxiety,  but is there a better way to put Borderline Personality Disorder? I don't want t put BPD and the computer red flag it? Any information is appreciated.

For the short form, you just put the "Reason for visit" for the last 3 of your doctor appointments. I generally recommend using the last 3 appointments you had for the condition(s) you were approved based on. For example, if you saw a podiatrist last week for an ingrown toenail but are approved based on mental impairments, there's no need to include the podiatrist appointment as one of the last 3 visits. JMO.

As mentioned by upndown, you only have 16 boxes for "reason for visit" for each appointment (that includes spaces).

So you could put

DEPRESSION
DEPRESSION
DEPRESSION

or

ANXIETY
ANXIETY
ANXIETY

or I guess you could put

BORDERLINE PERSO
BORDERLINE PERSO
BORDERLINE PERSO

In all 3 of the above examples, I'm assuming the reason for your visits is mainly always because of one of the mood disorders.

Or you could do

ANXIETY
DEPRESSION
DEPRESSION

or whatever if you want if you feel better having more than one condition represented and if that's what you were treated for.

On my first short form, I put

ANXIETY MEDICATI
ANXIETY THERAPY
ANXIETY THERAPY

to differentiate sort of between my psychiatrist and psychologist appointments but you can just put the condition down as well, especially if your conditions have long names. ANXIETY was short enough of a word that I had room to put the other stuff after it. Again though, many people just put the condition down (as much of the name as they can fit) and are fine.

Hope that helps.
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

Eagle In Flight

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2022, 03:42:48 pm »

For the short form, you just put the "Reason for visit" for the last 3 of your doctor appointments. I generally recommend using the last 3 appointments you had for the condition(s) you were approved based on. For example, if you saw a podiatrist last week for an ingrown toenail but are approved based on mental impairments, there's no need to include the podiatrist appointment as one of the last 3 visits. JMO.

As mentioned by upndown, you only have 16 boxes for "reason for visit" for each appointment (that includes spaces).

So you could put

DEPRESSION
DEPRESSION
DEPRESSION

or

ANXIETY
ANXIETY
ANXIETY

or I guess you could put

BORDERLINE PERSO
BORDERLINE PERSO
BORDERLINE PERSO

In all 3 of the above examples, I'm assuming the reason for your visits is mainly always because of one of the mood disorders.

Or you could do

ANXIETY
DEPRESSION
DEPRESSION

or whatever if you want if you feel better having more than one condition represented and if that's what you were treated for.

On my first short form, I put

ANXIETY MEDICATI
ANXIETY THERAPY
ANXIETY THERAPY

to differentiate sort of between my psychiatrist and psychologist appointments but you can just put the condition down as well, especially if your conditions have long names. ANXIETY was short enough of a word that I had room to put the other stuff after it. Again though, many people just put the condition down (as much of the name as they can fit) and are fine.

Hope that helps.

Yes thank you so much for that Newdawn. I'm getting nervous honestly because the months are counting down. I don't know if my CDR may arrive early or in February, but i do want t put that i have been seeing my Psychiatrist every 2 months (every 3 months now due to Inflation)

Eagle In Flight

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2022, 02:42:59 pm »
Hi everyone, i hope the 4th of July holiday was good for you.

My question is....Does the SSA sometimes send CDRs early before intended diary date?

DisabledInWI

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 68
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2022, 02:47:10 pm »
Hi everyone, i hope the 4th of July holiday was good for you.

My question is....Does the SSA sometimes send CDRs early before intended diary date?

CDRs can arrive early, on time, or later than expected.
Age at Application: 48 (Currently 59)
Disability: Patellofemoral osteoarthritis both knees; Osteoarthritis left hip
Applied: 04/2012
Approved: 07/2012
Award Letter Received: 08/2012
First Payment Received: 09/2012

Eagle In Flight

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2022, 11:12:49 pm »
Just wanted to know....what is the probability of getting a long form due to the following?

SSDI status: Medically Improvement Possible

Diagnosis for benefits: Depression and Anxiety

I kow there is no way of knowing, but for those wh have gotten a CDR, pleas share your experience. I appreciate your time.

forumposter100

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 7
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2022, 09:31:50 am »
how long have you been on ssdi and have you had prior cdr's??  I have has 2 first was long second was short at 3yrs and never received one in 2020 when next 3rs was due but thinking covid was reason in which case will be do again in 2023

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 516
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2022, 10:25:25 am »
Just wanted to know....what is the probability of getting a long form due to the following?

SSDI status: Medically Improvement Possible

Diagnosis for benefits: Depression and Anxiety

I kow there is no way of knowing, but for those wh have gotten a CDR, pleas share your experience. I appreciate your time.

I was Medical Improvement Expected for depression and anxiety after my ALJ hearing. I was approved at age 34 with an established onset date around age 31. Got a long form CDR less than 3 years after the ALJ approval as expected (a few months earlier than my ALJ approval letter predicted I think).

After the long form CDR, I was switched to Medical Improvement Possible and a 3-year review cycle. My next CDR came on time 3 years later and was a short form. If I'm still on a 3-year cycle my next review is due in 2024 (assuming it comes on time). Not sure if it will be a long or short form.
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

Eagle In Flight

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2022, 01:03:45 pm »
how long have you been on ssdi and have you had prior cdr's??  I have has 2 first was long second was short at 3yrs and never received one in 2020 when next 3rs was due but thinking covid was reason in which case will be do again in 2023

Hi, this will be my first CDR, and i was approved for SSDI February of 2020. Kind of nervous right now, but i think I'll be okay. I see my Psychiatrist every 2-3 months with no improvement in symptoms, so I'll just do the best i can.

Thank you for your input Newdawn. All i can do is hope ffor the best. I'll keep everyone posted when my first CDR comes.