Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 29, 2022, 02:35:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246146
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 172
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 63
Total: 63

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: SSI/Disabled Widow  (Read 5145 times)

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
Re: SSI/Disabled Widow
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 11:17:30 pm »
There might be a over payment of your SSI. If there is, SSA will notify you and deduct a portion of it out of your monthly Survivors Benefits until paid in full. You can request a wavier. But there are no guarantees it will be granted.

Depending on the amount of your Survivors Benefits. You may or may not continue to be eligible for SSI and Medicaid. Your Medicare will not kick in for 29 months from the first month you are eligible for Survivors Benefits. If your Survivors Benefits are too much for SSI and/or Medicaid.  You can buy insurance at the link below.

When your Medicare kicks in. You may or may not be eligible for Medicare Savings Program to help with monthly Medicare Premiums, deductibles and co/pays. Also Extra Help to help with your Prescription Drugs. These programs are a form of Medicaid. But they are separate from other Medicaid programs you are familiar with. You will need to apply for the programs and reapply each year if you are approved for them.

I am guessing. But I seriously doubt your Survivors Benefits will be so much that you will not qualify for Medicaid before your Medicare kicks in. The max monthly benefits for SSI in 2022 will be $841. If your Survivors Benefits are less than $861 ($841+$20) a month. You will receive SSI and Survivors Benefits for a monthly max of $861 a month. You will also receive Medicaid. When your Medicare kicks in you will also be eligible for Medicare Savings Program and Extra Help a form of Medicaid.

https://www.healthcare.gov/
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

anastal

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 12:16:39 am »
No matter how hard it is to admit it, but you are in a really difficult situation.

anastal

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2022, 09:02:13 pm »
No matter how hard it is to admit it, but you are in a really difficult situation. If your husband received a sufficient amount of subsidies, then only in this case the payments formed for him can be redirected to you. But this is in the event that your benefits are not enough for your life support. In any case, you need to try to file a petition.

Contact For Link
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 09:14:03 pm by Just Me »