Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

August 07, 2022, 11:40:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 245734
  • Total Topics: 24525
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Adult Function Report - Good Advice  (Read 71141 times)

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1042
  • Nice Administrator
Re: Adult Function Report - Good Advice
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »
Treating sources do not know everything SSA goes by to determine disability. That is why a letter from a treating source saying someone is disabled means nothing to SSA. How many of his patients that applied for disbility, won ? I'm just curious. Some treating sources do keep better medical records than others.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

beneficii

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2014, 01:19:41 pm »
Treating sources do not know everything SSA goes by to determine disability. That is why a letter from a treating source saying someone is disabled means nothing to SSA. How many of his patients that applied for disbility, won ? I'm just curious. Some treating sources do keep better medical records than others.

Don't know, but he tells me he has a lot of patients that are currently on disability.  I think it would be reasonable to assume that he played a major role in helping at least some of them get on disability.

He was the one who told me that it was important to emphasize the erratic nature of my disability, as well, and that does seem to bear out.

Because of that, I do trust him.  Of course, I will try this week or next to get on the same page with him, but I think he is pretty aware of my case and has a good memory for his patients.  I might want to print this out for him:

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/12.00-MentalDisorders-Adult.htm

Also, my psychiatrist has had to put me on an antipsychotic in addition to a benzodiazepine in recent months, which was in response to stress-related obsessive anxiety.  That he had to put me on the antipsychotic, raise the dose to one usually given for patients with schizophrenia, and maintain me on it even though I have put on weight and have developed metabolic issues itself is strong evidence for decompensation.  My psychiatrist is one of my medical sources that I listed on my application.

Souleah

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2018, 01:27:22 pm »
I was reading in a few different online areas that you shouldn't have the third party function report filled out at all and that it is not really a requirement.  Is this true?  Also, I've only heard that filling out the Adult Function Report many times more than not will hurt your case..  So I am fearful of doing the paperwork in that respect.  I'll take any ideas, suggestions and/or advice on this.  Thank you for listening.

S.L

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1042
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2018, 02:20:04 pm »
Third Party Forms are not required. If someone helps you do things you cannot do by yourself. Or they do things for you that you cannot do.  It can help because it backs up what you should have told your doctors and put on your forms. If someone has close contact with you frequently. And they know first hand how your impairments affect your ability to function. They can fill out the form.

If the claimant does not fill out the Adult Function Report. SSA has nothing from them details how their impairments affect their ability to function. After a doctor has diagnosed a claimant with a Medically Determined Impairment. The focus shifts to the claimants ability to function. Medical evidence and non medical evidence need to back each other up. The claimant also needs to discuss with their doctor the details of how their impairment affects their ability to function. Their doctor needs to write this down in the medical records.. It is best for the claimant to get a copy of their medical records and read them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:27:48 pm by Just Me »
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.