Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 29, 2022, 02:57:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246146
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 172
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: anyone file in june 2009  (Read 2266 times)

junior

anyone file in june 2009
« on: January 19, 2010, 11:29:09 pm »
I filed in june 2009 and still no decision yet. ???

wanderer

Re: anyone file in june 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:05:40 pm »
I would go to the original land office that you applied at and find out where you are in the system. Wouldn't hurt to make an appointment and find out. Doesn't make sense that you have been waiting six months and no word.

Have you been for a physical or psychiatric exam yet? Is there any type of work being done on your case?

junior

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 02:37:11 pm »
my case is at dds been there since november called examiner she said doctor has case on her unit since december 16th. she said it mit take 4 to 6 weeks more do to back log.no i have not been sent to see one of their doctors .In my state the eaxminer makes the decision and the doctor must sign off on it.So i think the examiner has already made a decision and is waiting for doctor to agree or disagree.what do you think. ??? 

wanderer

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 03:11:08 pm »
I'm not sure what to think. My impression is that it's sitting on a doctor's desk, or in a big file stack on the floor and not attended to, due to a large workload. That's my take.. but I don't know.
I've seen some doctor's offices and that's what they looked liked. Total disarray.

I wish you the best of luck that your application is approved quickly and your backpay is deposited lickety split!

Mark

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 05:23:19 pm »
my case is at dds been there since november called examiner she said doctor has case on her unit since december 16th. she said it mit take 4 to 6 weeks more do to back log.no i have not been sent to see one of their doctors .In my state the eaxminer makes the decision and the doctor must sign off on it.So i think the examiner has already made a decision and is waiting for doctor to agree or disagree.what do you think. ??? 

Would help to know a bit more about your case and what you filed Disability for.  You said that you didn't have a full file until November, what was missing? 
Like Wanderer said is it Physical or a Mental Disability?
If it is Psychological I think only the Doctor can make the decision.

knowsalittle

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 08:31:01 pm »
I'd like to help but I gave up trying to read the post.

junior

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 08:47:18 pm »
who makes the decision to send you to their doctor.the examiner or the doctors on her unit. ???

wanderer

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 12:12:49 am »
SSA makes a decision to send you to a doctor, when SSA doesn't have enough medical information to make a qualified decision.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'examiner' is that the SSA?

The SSA has complete control over your files, makes the decision on whether you see or don't see a doctor for either medical or psychological condition. Doesn't matter which, they (SSA) makes the decision. If in your state, the doctor can just sign off, the SSA can still require a consultative exam to further document your condition.

I hope this helps... I'm not quite sure I understand..

Trajector Media

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 418
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 04:19:41 pm »
who makes the decision to send you to their doctor.the examiner or the doctors on her unit. ???

You are asking...Who makes the decision to send you for a psychological evaluation, the examiner or the Doctor reviewing your file?

The answer I believe is either one.  If they feel your medical records are not recent enough or lacking in information they can make the determination to send you for an evaluation. 

I speak from experience not expertise.