Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 28, 2022, 01:16:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246138
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 77
Total: 77

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: "Grid"  (Read 16166 times)

Trajector Media

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 418
Re: "Grid"
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 06:17:47 pm »
Hi Marci, My education level is High school .

The other issue is to find the restrictions or level that social security placed on you regarding work.  You can read more about that on DP's post above.

However with your age and education and semi skilled work history here is where you fall:

Sedentary and light Work:

If your skills are not transferable to another job you would be found disabled.

Medium work:

Not Disabled

So ultimately you would need to see what your limitations are.  If they are medium or heavy work, you would not be disabled.  If you are limited to sedentary work you would need to show your previous job skills are not transferable to that type of job.
I speak from experience not expertise.

QueenOFAnxiety

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 10:16:04 am »
Majority of my jobs are sedantry light. I had one skilled because although I received training i never received the qualifications to do the job-certifed. Other employments were desk jobs. Wondering how that will be transferrable or still do current work based on my psychological exam functionality. I met and exceeded the blue book listing and they still requested work descriptions. The first set came with the packet. But after the psychological doctor viewed my medical the examiner requested the descriptions of my past work again. She said that i had enough medical documentation and she hoped i liked her decision. I didn’t know if she was hinting that she was leaning towards the approval. I thought for sure I wasn’t going to have to go through steps 4 and 5. But the grid for mental indicates it should not be used based on findings from my medical on mental limitations. I wish i knew how to submit the form the psychologist did on my work evaluation!
Schizoaffective Disorder Bipolar Type PTSD Chronic
Panic Disorder Insomnia

Initial app: 2/28/19
Under medical review: 4/12
2nd Request job descriptions: 06/17
DDS Complete: 6/20
OQR: 6/21
Out of OQR: 6/24
Perc: 6/26
SSI/SSDI: back payment SSI 06/27 SSDI 07/24

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 12:56:19 pm »
QueenOfAnxiety, how old are you ?
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

SFVLance

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 203
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 01:35:54 pm »
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took over six months to receive closed-period award pymt.

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 02:39:54 pm »
SFVLance, thanks. QueenOfAnxiety, you are too young for the Grid to be used.

QueenOFAnxiety

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 06:00:34 pm »
So basically someone’s opinion of whether or not i can do other work is going to have more weight thsn my evaluation. I cant even go in any public place without a friend or family going in first mapping  out the exit to the building and the exit to the bathroom from where we’re seated. I always hVe to face the door. When walking in the mall which I don’t do often i walk closest to the glass with a kid in front on the side and behind me so i dot freak out. Im constantly paranoid. I have delusional thinking where my beliefs are strong and i can never tell. I only bathe when someone is around because I’ve had a sever panic attack that I blacked out in the bathroom and my younger son came in and covered me up. Im always scared that the nect anxiety attack will be my last. My anxiety panic is so severe it read i was having a heart attack during an ekg. My hallucinations have me hiding in closets crying. Waking my kids up at 4am because i think someone is in my car. Scared to drive because ive blacked out 4xs while driving my kids so now i dont do it. Even in my own home i dont feel safe. And i had a doctor that released me back to work because he thought i was taking my meds when I discovered from my new doctor that the meds they prescribed increased my symptoms or would’ve taken months because of the rare genetic makeup that i have.

This claim examiner gave me some hope and paranoia all at the same time just by saying i hope you’d like the decision that I’ve made. But requested descriptions of my work history because i wasn’t detailed on them because I really couldn’t remember. She told me a 3rd party verification was also not needed because everything was good and she had been doing this 30yrs so she could tell good notes. In my mind i was like she’s filling me up to crush my soul.
All i want to do is not bolt when my kids graduate the next 3 years and I didn’t it even make it thriugh the pledge at my oldest sons graduation this year. It’s been a whirlwind to the point i lied to people about having breast cancer so if i killed my self my family had a reason besides mental health. Thank you that I’ve gotten out of the blueberry depression of my bipolar side. So now I wait till Thursday if that long for a final decision.....
Panic Disorder Insomnia

QueenOFAnxiety

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 06:01:30 pm »
Wait! Why am i to young???
Panic Disorder Insomnia

Kicksnomore

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 121
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 06:24:51 pm »
The post you commented on is about the grid rules.  The grid rules only apply to people above the age of 50 and only apply to physical not mental disabilities.

You don’t have to meet a grid rule to be found disabled, but you do have to prove you can not only not do any of your prior work or any other job int he national economy.  As I mentioned in another post, the detail requested about your prior work is to eliminate your prior work from jobs you can do.  There is a process they must go through to develop your file.  It doesn’t indicate an approval or denial, just that the DDS officer is working on the file.

As far as other people’s opinion about weather you can work, yes it does matter.  If SSA just went on what individuals claim and not other evidence in the file, anyone could qualify.  Did you have the support of your doctor?  Are your problems detailed in your medical records?
Disability: RA
Applied: 3/2015 (onset 8/2014)
First Denial: 6/15
Reconsideration Denial: 8/15
Hearing: 7/17
ALJ Denial: 9/17
AC Appeal: 11/19
AC Remand: 4/19
ALJ Hearing 2: 3/20
Fully favorable: 3/20

QueenOFAnxiety

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 09:42:09 pm »
Yes as well as my psychological exam and my genetic testing derailed my previous doctor comments about pill searching.
Panic Disorder Insomnia

Kicksnomore

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 121
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 08:29:15 am »
Good.  Hoping for the best for you.
Disability: RA
Applied: 3/2015 (onset 8/2014)
First Denial: 6/15
Reconsideration Denial: 8/15
Hearing: 7/17
ALJ Denial: 9/17
AC Appeal: 11/19
AC Remand: 4/19
ALJ Hearing 2: 3/20
Fully favorable: 3/20

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 09:44:32 am »
When your opinion is backed up by medical evidence. They both carry more weight.

QueenOFAnxiety

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 11:31:13 am »
Thank you guys! I was unaware that the grid rules didn’t apply to me. Wish me luck my examiner states she’s wrapping my claim up today and will call me back this afternoon before 5:30.
Panic Disorder Insomnia

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 516
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2019, 11:41:05 am »
Thank you guys! I was unaware that the grid rules didn’t apply to me. Wish me luck my examiner states she’s wrapping my claim up today and will call me back this afternoon before 5:30.

Fingers crossed  :Support09:
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16