Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 29, 2022, 01:00:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246146
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 172
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 74
Total: 74

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: My Social Security Page  (Read 5951 times)

Goldenserenity

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
My Social Security Page
« on: August 02, 2022, 05:26:58 pm »
Hope this is a good place to put this question.
Every day I go to My Social Security page and check the percentage of how much my claim has been processed. Over the weekend it showed that they had processed 65% of my claim, and today it went backwards. I've never seen it go backwards before, only forwards. Any idea why it went back a percentage? Just curious.
It's been a month since I've had the CE, so I figured I would see it go a little quicker by now, not go backwards.
Thanks for reading!!

deathwish

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
Re: My Social Security Page
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 08:22:04 pm »
@goldenserenity I had this happen once also. Then I noticed that it appears that at the end of every month (or maybe the beginning of a new one) the percentage resets to reflect the actual number it should be. From what I can tell, the bar showing the percentage automatically goes up 1% every day except weekends (and perhaps holidays), so when it resets monthly, I THINK it is showing the actual percentage that has been reviewed. So if the reviewer got a little behind, it would go backwards when it resets but should start moving forward again 1% per day (not counting weekends/holidays). Check it tomorrow and see if it went up 1%. You are not the first to ask this question and I think I am right about this, but it would be nice to know for sure I am right so I can tell other people. I am sure everyone hates worrying needlessly like I do, so if I can help with that then that's one less thing we all will have to worry about.  :Main18:

Goldenserenity

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 09:51:06 am »
Hello, and thanks for your response! What you said makes a lot of sense. I just checked my percentage, but it hasn't budged yet. :(
The system might not have updated yet. The last few times I applied, I was denied right after the CE, so not sure what their hold up is right now.

Texas gal Mississippi wor

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 12:32:38 pm »
Hello, I took the physical ce exam Saturday... The doctor was nice,I was the only old person there.😂 I Opened my page on Monday it was 66%,went on Tuesday it jump to 69% . My days changed to less and my months was originally 7 months but it has jump to 8 months but its down to 6.My page seems to update like every 3 days but with my anxiety, I'll check it anytime I think about it.I was told to wait on an Attorney ,if I get denied he would work with me.
This waiting game really messes with me.
One lung, asthma, degenerative disc disease,major depression and anxiety.

Goldenserenity

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 04:06:48 pm »
The waiting is very hard! Then if denied, you wait some more! When I first submitted the form for disability, a guy from the disability office called me and told me they received it and that all looked good. He told me how much the disability pay would be and then told me that her foresaw it taking 3 months...no more than 5 months. All the other times, nobody ever took the time to call and inform me of anything. I'm at 4 months waiting right now.

Goldenserenity

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 08:50:36 pm »
Hope this is a good place to put this question.
Every day I go to My Social Security page and check the percentage of how much my claim has been processed. Over the weekend it showed that they had processed 65% of my claim, and today it went backwards. I've never seen it go backwards before, only forwards. Any idea why it went back a percentage? Just curious.
It's been a month since I've had the CE, so I figured I would see it go a little quicker by now, not go backwards.
Thanks for reading!!

I just received an email telling me that Social Security updated my page. (New one for me!) So I checked the page and I they advanced to step 4 - "A representative in KANSAS CITY MISSOURI started a final review to make sure that you still meet the non-medical requirements for Disability Benefits."
So now I guess they look and see what jobs I can do?

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 04:56:59 am »
Fingers crossed for you...Good luck🍀

Goldenserenity

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 09:44:56 am »
I checked the progress of my claim this morning, and it shot from 67% to 100% in the 4th stage. I'm sure it's a denial as the My Social Security page reverted back to how it was before I applied. They still haven't reverted the Benefit Verification Letter because it still shows Ref: DI
I cannot deal with the thought of a year or more wait to fight this! :'-(

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 11:54:20 am »
🤷🙏🙏🙏 still praying for a good outcome for you..I've been stuck at 71% and the 3rd step for 3 days. I wonder if they count Saturdays and Sundays or just weekdays??