Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 28, 2022, 12:46:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246138
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 73
Total: 73

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: New To Forum 2nd initial app  (Read 1804 times)

QueenOFAnxiety

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
New To Forum 2nd initial app
« on: June 07, 2019, 07:24:22 am »
Here’s a little background before my questions:

I’m 36 originally diagnosed with Bipolar 2 manic depression and PTSD  in 2003 Depression in 1993 Generalized anxiety and insomnia in 2017 misdiagnosed finding after psychological exam 04/2019 I have Schizoaffective disorder bipolar type, PTSD chronic, and Panic disorder (episodic paroxysmal anxiety) I’ve been subscribed an ESA.

This is my 3rd attempt. First attempt went all the way to a hearing- denied in 04. Attempted working lots of quits/fired. My 2nd app was in 11/17 denied at reconsideration in Jan 2019. Hired a lawyer and she resubmitted app vs hearing don’t know why but I went with it 02/19. During the process i submitted medical records from previous case and then my psychological evaluation with a form my lawyer gave me to have my doctor fill out. Here is when i found out i was misdiagnosed and the test shows lapse in memory, focus, and cognitive slippage. I’ve been told that all medical is in and a psyc doctor is reviewing the claim and should call back in 2weeks if I hadn’t received a letter. SSA rep states still in review and I should have an answer or payment by Aug 13th, whatever that means.

My questions are:

1. When is the vocational part done and who does it?
2. My initial app lists one diagnosis so will they use my psychological evaluation and his remarks?
3. It’s been almost 4months and was not sent to a CE like before. Is that a good sign or a bad sign? My OCD with this case won’t let me be great!

Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated and I hope i was understandable.
Schizoaffective Disorder Bipolar Type PTSD Chronic
Panic Disorder Insomnia

Initial app: 2/28/19
Under medical review: 4/12
2nd Request job descriptions: 06/17
DDS Complete: 6/20
OQR: 6/21
Out of OQR: 6/24
Perc: 6/26
SSI/SSDI: back payment SSI 06/27 SSDI 07/24

Bambie80

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Re: New To Forum 2nd initial app
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:27:40 am »
Sorry I don't have the answer to your questions. We are the same age and have the same diagnosis. I also was miss diagnosed as a child.  I didn't have CE and was approved in four months.

QueenOFAnxiety

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 01:44:09 pm »
Thank you for responding. May i ask you a question? I have years supporting my bipolar but not the recent misdiagnosis. Currently being treated for it. How was your experience during the process? I didn’t even get the friend or family form with the paperwork that was sent to me. Did you have that same experience?
Panic Disorder Insomnia

darkpurple

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 54
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 05:13:34 pm »
Thank you for responding. May i ask you a question? I have years supporting my bipolar but not the recent misdiagnosis. Currently being treated for it. How was your experience during the process? I didn’t even get the friend or family form with the paperwork that was sent to me. Did you have that same experience?

What state are you filing in?

I'm surprised that you haven't been approved with years of medical records supporting bipolar and failed work attempts.  It's a lot harder to get approved when you're young though.

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 07:20:52 pm »
It is the quality of medical records that is important. If medical records do not contain the details needed. It does not matter how many years a claimant has. Non medical evidence is also vital. Medical records and non medical evidence need to back each other up.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

QueenOFAnxiety

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 09:11:41 pm »
I believed my medical records were strong it showed different medications my severe symptoms but my doctor didn’t back me up. He stated that I wasn’t following treatment but that was a lie. They weren’t calling in meds, keeping appts rescheduling them while i was waiting to be seen. I kept saying the medication didn’t work and they told me to discard it if it didn’t and I did. My new doctor started me off slowly. Only prescribing anxiety meds while she did a genetic testing which showed no matter the medication it would’ve never worked because I have a high metabolism and a slow metabolism in some meds making it impossible to truly prescribe the right meds. A 1 1/2 of tge same meds being rotated causing more depression or increasing my manic symptoms I live that time in total dispair feeling like crap. I’m now on correct meds that partially works but it helps. She also prescribed me an ESA to help when I’m depressed and panicked. She listens and understands and she’s able to walk with me not past me and treats me as a person. She believes slowly going through the process is better than trying to race to the finish line. She’s supported of my choice to file my other doctor was not
Panic Disorder Insomnia

Octaviar

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 51
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 02:45:48 pm »
What is an ESA?
Conditions: migraines, ddd, major depressive disorder, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder.
Initial application: 6-2014
Alj hearing and denial: 12-2016
Appeals council denial: 12-2017
Filed federal appeal: 2-2018
Federal Judge reversal: 6-2019
Backpay: 11-2019 (Award letter 12-2019)

Bonzai

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 505
  • Mean Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 03:36:12 pm »
ESA may be Emotional Support Animal
"If one of these engines fails, how far will the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!" - Ron White

Octaviar

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 51
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 03:46:50 pm »
Oh, thank you, that makes sense.  I have one of those although it’s never been prescribed. 

I have a fear of needles and really hard to find veins.  The phlebotomist who took my blood last time suggested I bring my dog with me next time.  I think she feels bad about how hard it is for me.  Bless her heart.
Conditions: migraines, ddd, major depressive disorder, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder.
Initial application: 6-2014
Alj hearing and denial: 12-2016
Appeals council denial: 12-2017
Filed federal appeal: 2-2018
Federal Judge reversal: 6-2019
Backpay: 11-2019 (Award letter 12-2019)