Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 29, 2022, 02:23:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246146
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 172
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 61
Total: 63

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Medicaid card arrived before approval status?  (Read 3133 times)

BigTheFoot

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
Medicaid card arrived before approval status?
« on: July 31, 2022, 04:51:38 am »
Hello again!

I had my CE exam on 6-25-22. On 07-12-22 I received a Florida gold medicaid card. Then a insurance/dental card arrived. I was able to use the card at both of my doctors and pick up my prescriptions.

I also received a letter stating my food stamps have ended and I am unable to reapply. Still trying to get someone on the phone in that respect.

I have not received a denial letter or any letter from SS and cannot find out any info from the 800 number.

Any insight on what may be going on? Am I approved?

I have no dependent children and am not 65 so I don't think I qualify for medicaid only in the state of Florida.

SFVLance

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 203
Re: Medicaid card arrived before approval status?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 07:45:01 am »
I am not in Florida, but in general your being approved for Medicaid has nothing to do with the status of your SSDI/SSDI claim. The fact that you received the card and info so close to your CE date is just a coincidence, because you know nothing in this process moves that quickly.

Fortunately, you will find out more when you do get someone on the phone.
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took over six months to receive closed-period award pymt.

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 02:19:25 pm »
Did you apply for SSI ot SSDI ? Medicaid is part of receiving SSI. Have you had  a increase in you income or resources recently ? Food stamps are based on income and resources. The only reason your food stamps would end and you not be able to reapply would be a increase in income or resources that exceed the allowed limit. Unless you did not report required information accurately.

It is possible you were approved and the letter was lost in the mail. Do you have a my social security account ? If you were approved and a letter was mailed out. Your my social security account should have that information. If not, you can create a account at www.ssa.gov
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

BigTheFoot

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 03:53:21 pm »
Did you apply for SSI ot SSDI ? Medicaid is part of receiving SSI. Have you had  a increase in you income or resources recently ? Food stamps are based on income and resources. The only reason your food stamps would end and you not be able to reapply would be a increase in income or resources that exceed the allowed limit. Unless you did not report required information accurately.

It is possible you were approved and the letter was lost in the mail. Do you have a my social security account ? If you were approved and a letter was mailed out. Your my social security account should have that information. If not, you can create a account at www.ssa.gov

Thank you for the responses. I applied for SSI. I have not had any new income. Everything is the same since I applied in December. I also have a SSA account and it still says not receiving benefits.

When I called the 800#, I volunteered the food stamp and medicaid information and the rep said, "I cannot give you any info on another agency." I said, "There is nothing on my case?" She repeated again to call the food stamp office. Now that I type that out, I can see the misunderstanding. I will call back to check and make sure to not mention any details along with the food stamp office.

BigTheFoot

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 10:06:34 am »
This situation has me more confused.

The doctor told me that you're supposed to apply for medicaid thru Dept of Children and Families, and apply for ssi through their site. I did both on the same day 12/6/21. When I called SSA they said I wasn't in their system, and I was denied back in December shortly after applying.

I remember getting the denial two weeks after applying, but received the daily function questionnaire from Florida Dept of Health and was assigned a case worker who called my references twice and spoke with me a few times.

When he spoke with me, he told me to make sure my psych office faxes over everything and be prepared to see one of their doctors. He called me the day before just to verify that I wouldn't miss my appointment. I was seen for a physical.

I received the medicaid card on 7/12/22 which was retro-activated back to December when I applied. No mail since.

I called the case worker for an update, and he stated all the paperwork on his end was submitted on 7/19/22 and that was all he could tell me.

What in the world is going on? How did I get a medicaid card before my paperwork was submitted? My doctors don't understand either. I don't meet medicaid/dental requirements in Florida which are being blind, over 65, pregnant, or a caretaker/have children. It's not "share of cost" either. I am terrified that someone made a mistake and I am using medicaid fraudulently. I called and asked DCF if they made a mistake and the rep said no.

Two weeks later I get the medicaid card. I called to make sure it wasn't a mistake. The rep said it wasn't.

I called the case worker again and asked what the status of my case was and he said all the info was submitted on 7/19/22. That was all he could tell me.

I received a medicaid card before the case worker submitted my paperwork?

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 12:40:17 pm »
It is possible you were approved for Medicaid. SSI and Medicaid are separate programs administered by separate agencies. You should call your county Medicaid office. You can also check and see if your state has online access to your Medicaid case  through their website.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.