Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 06, 2022, 01:52:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 245510
  • Total Topics: 24501
  • Online Today: 338
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 62
Total: 64

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Somewhat New Here, Hello!  (Read 535 times)

Pete416

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Somewhat New Here, Hello!
« on: June 21, 2022, 06:24:44 am »
37 and I became Disabled at 33 in 2018. Filed for SSDI and SSI in 2019 but due to a mishap on the SSA website, I didn't have my application nowhere near finished and was quickly denied in about 3 weeks.

I filed again, this time with a Lawyer, on July 15, 2020. ALJ Hearing October 14, 2021, approved November 30, 2021 and received back pay in mid-January 2022 and my first monthly benefit payment February 1, 2022 (2-Day early Direct Deposit with my Bank).

My first CDR will be in December 2023.

**Also, note to Admin: I originally registered an account in 2020 I believe but I never got the Registration Confirmation Email at the time. I created another account (this one) using my Alternate Email and the same thing happened a few months later in 2021. I gave up.

Randomly decided to try to login and this account worked, so everything seems fine now 😃

starfishman!

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 4
  • Disability: Statutory Blindness
Re: Somewhat New Here, Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 10:12:19 am »
Welcome Pete416. I'm glad you got past your ALJ hearing successfully.
My best wishes to you and I hope you pass through your first CDR with continuance of benefits.
At your relatively young age, I'm sorry that you became disabled.

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 504
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 10:19:12 am »
**Also, note to Admin: I originally registered an account in 2020 I believe but I never got the Registration Confirmation Email at the time. I created another account (this one) using my Alternate Email and the same thing happened a few months later in 2021. I gave up.

Randomly decided to try to login and this account worked, so everything seems fine now 😃

:Welcome07:

FWIW, I don't think the registration confirmation email thing has worked for years. A few things like that are wonky around here. Sorry about that. Glad you persisted.
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1037
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 02:45:45 pm »
 :Welcome07: :Welcome05:

Sorry for the inconvenience of the email confirmation not working. Glad you decided to try and login.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

Pete416

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 05:45:29 pm »
Welcome Pete416. I'm glad you got past your ALJ hearing successfully.
My best wishes to you and I hope you pass through your first CDR with continuance of benefits.
At your relatively young age, I'm sorry that you became disabled.
Hey, Thank You and no need to apologize, it doesn't seem to be anyone's fault, the physical stuff just seemed to creep up on me over about a 10 year period.

Depression and anxiety sucks and has been getting the better of me for a very long time, I only leave the house for Doctor Appts. My NP wants me to get outside the house more, she said for a walk, or to even just sit outside may be good for me. So I'm trying to change my ways a bit and I

I'm lucky to have my Wife at my side to encourage me. A good woman is a great thing to have, especially when you're down. If it wasn't for her and my mom I'd be most likely homeless etc.

Pete416

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 05:49:43 pm »
:Welcome07: :Welcome05:

Sorry for the inconvenience of the email confirmation not working. Glad you decided to try and login.
No problem, I was just ready to participate in the Forum 2 years ago when i was actively going through my case. Lol. Lucky for me, my case moved pretty smooth throughout, my Lawyer was a local Firm who are mostly known for Disability cases and I have to say, they earned their $6,000!

After all was said and done I only owed them $32 extra for their filing or whatever they had to do. They were very helpful, but I was mainly a hands-off client per se as I just let the case move at its pace. It helps that I'm quite deaf and hate using the phone a lot of the time. Lol.