Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 29, 2022, 01:57:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246146
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 172
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Texas Gal Mississippi World Here  (Read 1046 times)

Texas gal Mississippi wor

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
Texas Gal Mississippi World Here
« on: August 16, 2022, 10:43:03 am »
Hey Well Where do I start
In 2014 I had my left lung removed and discovered I had asthma in my right lung.
I recovered from it and went back on working as I have always done.
I have Major Depression and Anxiety struggled with it most all of my life,seen lots of doctors since age 13.
June 2021 my back popped and I almost fell from it, I went to the doctor had the MRI and x rays and such...I am dealing with sciatica now too.
I went back to work well I tried to but full time to part time 18 hours a week if that.
I quit in December 2021 and Filed my initial application in February 2022 at age 50.
I have paid my way with no insurance so I figure that is why I had to have both physical and mental exams.
My app is at DDS now and I am driving my crazy with aniexty.
I have 1 lung, Asthma,Degenerative Disc, Major Depression and Aniexty.
Not the best at writing but I thought I might try to do this
One lung, asthma, degenerative disc disease,major depression and anxiety.

CKD-Fred

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 10
Re: Texas Gal Mississippi World Here
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 01:03:51 pm »
 :Welcome08:
Hello Texas Gal,

I'm glad you found the Forum here and hope you find the support and answers to the questions you may have concerning the SSDI process and the various things that as part of that process, tend to occur along the way.

Given your filing 6 months ago, you are already well along in the process.  It's the time / waiting that is most people find difficult.  I was no different as I ran through scenario after scenario of the "what ifs" during my 8 months long wait for a decision.  Analyzing and thinking about things is a natural thing to do but does tend to elevate anxiety and depression challenges.  What helped me with the waiting was being able to talk to others about my concerns while also coming up with a back-up plan in case my application was denied.

This Forum is a great place to share your journey and get strength from as there are many topical resources available to explore.

Update as you can, good luck!    :Happy03:
Disability:  Kidney Disease, Anxiety, Back Problems
State:  North Carolina
File Date:  Oct 2020
Age at Filing:  58
File Method:  Online App, No Lawyer
Monthly SSDI Pmts Began:  Aug 2021

Rosesrred

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 6
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 02:39:57 pm »
   The waiting is the hardest part!  I think I must of drove my husband crazy with thoughts and checking the site every five minutes!  You've got this!

Best of luck to you!
Rosesrred

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 04:42:34 pm »
Hi, thank you...I was looking at my papers and like yourself I applied online. My question is,I filled out about my previous jobs online.Would DDS not have access to this? My papers showed an example of a job form.I was so busy trying to get the paperwork they sent to me back by the date they said I didn't see this paper.. The doctor at the physical ce exam even ask what kind of work I did.

Disabledvet100%

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 11
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 09:11:11 pm »
Unless you clearly meet SSA Blue Book disability, you have to demonstrate why you are unable to work any 40 hour a week job in the US economy.  Hopefully, the medical providers you see documented how your illnesses affect your daily living. Being age 50 helps your case, since you meet GRID rules.   Unfortunately, waiting and anxiety is key theme among us. 

Wishing you serenity and resiliency!
Initial 09/19 Recon 3/20
ALJ 06/20 AC 10/20
Federal 10/20
New app 10/20 Recon 10/21
ALJ approved 3/22 then vacated
Fed Remand 1/22
Fed and ALJ combined: Won via OTR 7/22

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 04:54:42 pm »
Hi, I went for a check up yesterday for my asthma and back...If I report it I'm afraid it will delay my case. It's like my case is stagnating at 77 %. I watched my doctor yesterday and she was doing alot more typing than before I ask her opinion about filing.Don't they have access to all this since I filed online?What do you think?