Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 01, 2022, 02:14:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16300
  • Latest: Justru
Stats
  • Total Posts: 245490
  • Total Topics: 24498
  • Online Today: 251
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Initial Claim March 2020 - Quality Review May 2022  (Read 1025 times)

GoodGirl5Eva

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Initial Claim March 2020 - Quality Review May 2022
« on: June 03, 2022, 05:09:19 pm »
I've not seen any current postings regarding this topic and would love some insight.
I applied at the height of Covid - my attorney tells me this is why my case is so unusual and lengthy. My claim was sent to an adjudicator in a different state than I reside and has had an extremely long and slow progress to date. I was informed in July of 2021 that I would be sent for a comprehensive multi-skelatal CE as well as a mental CE. Fast forward to March 2022, mental CE complete, April 2022, physical CE complete. I called the DDS in May and was told a decision had been made and the case would be sent to my local SS office, "unless the national review board gets it". I called my lawyer and told her and she exclaimed, "she's trying to tell you you were approved" Call the local office and give them your dd info as sometimes payments come, blah, blah..." 

I did and was told that, "it was determined that I do qualify for a monthly benefit, but they aren't  sure, so it is now in Quality Review". Well that stressed me out. Then went on to tell me that it could be upwards of 90 days max before it gets released. She also inquired if I was in an appeals stage to which I replied, no this is still my initial claim. The website has not been updated in several months, yet I am in the habit of checking it in hopes that I could gain some insight.

Has anyone else recently been in the same boat as I? I know it is gaining momentum, however I am tired. Physically, emotionally and mentally, the past 2.5 years has been the hardest of my life since undergoing 2 life saving back surgeries. It's been heavy, I catch myself holding my breath, literally.

9.19.2019 - thoracic laminectomy, 12.5.19 lumbar decompression, 10.27.21 rotator cuff surgery, 12.5.21 - ruptured ACL (refusing surgery)

starfishman!

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 4
  • Disability: Statutory Blindness
Re: Initial Claim March 2020 - Quality Review May 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 12:28:57 pm »
 Sorry about this late reply GoodGirl5Eva. I believe that, from what you've stated, if you were to contact your local Social Security office, enough time has passed now and they should be able to give you an update on the current status of your claim.
 I hope you are told, as your attorney said, that you have been approved.

GoodGirl5Eva

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Re: Initial Claim March 2020 - Quality Review May 2022
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 04:40:40 pm »
I am back with an update in hopes that someone / anyone else has been in the same boat.
2 weeks ago I was contacted by the DDS as QR sent my file back to get work history from 15 years ago - that was it. Then I called for an update last week and was told that my case was out of QR and at the payment center...my lawyer received conflicting updates stating it was still at DDS. Today I FINALLY see an update on my ssa acct stating:

The state DDS completed your medical review on 6/29/2022.
On 6/29/2022 a representative at (local field office) started a final review to make sure that you still meet the non-medical requirements for Disability Benefits.

Any thoughts / experiences?