Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 01, 2022, 02:58:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16300
  • Latest: Justru
Stats
  • Total Posts: 245490
  • Total Topics: 24498
  • Online Today: 251
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 91
Total: 93

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Work activity report  (Read 3657 times)

TraceyAndJuliet

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 0
Work activity report
« on: March 26, 2021, 12:17:32 pm »
Today I received the Work Activity Report. I've always reported my earnings (dog walking and care giver) but I am scared to death. I'm looking at my tax papers to get the right information but I'm so scared guys. They want the last three years of earnings- haws anybody gone through this?
Bipolar 1, extreme anxiety disorder
Denied 2005
Approved 2006

CKolchak

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 33
Re: Work activity report
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 09:11:24 am »
I don't have any personal experience with Work Activity Reports, but member BRBB has posted many times over the years about his work related reviews. I don't remember the details, but I know he had several of them over a relatively short period of time and never seemed too worried about them. Maybe you could find some useful information in his posts. By the way, it's quite a coincidence that you would receive this report just days after contacting the SSA with a work related question!

tennis

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 22
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 03:03:04 pm »
  Firstly, I want to encourage the original poster to not be scared about this. It is understandable as to why one would be concerned about filling out forms correctly. I think its normal to have concerns about wanting to make sure that forms are completed correctly. But the good news is that you wrote that you always reported your earnings. Therefore, it should be easy to fill out the earnings portion of the form because you presumably just have to reiterate the same earnings information on the form that you already reported.
     Are you referring to either the 821BK Form or the 820BK form or a different form? My understanding is that those are the only 2 forms that are are used during work reviews.  Does anyone know of any other possible forms that are sent during Work Reviews besides these two? If so, what are they? There might be others but those are the only 2 that I think are used for Work Reviews.
      How exactly did you previously report your earnings? For example, did you do it via phone to the 800 number or did you mail in hard copies of your paystubs to your local office? Is this the first time that you have gone through this process?
       Does anyone know what would cause someone to suddenly get this form in the mail? I see that Poster # 2 mentioned that apparently the original poster asked SSA a work-related question. Is that just a coincidence or could merely asking a work-related question to SSA cause such a form to be mailed to the individual?

TraceyAndJuliet

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 05:02:35 pm »
I used turbo tax.
Denied 2005
Approved 2006

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1036
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 05:50:55 pm »
I agree about not being scared. You have not tried to hide any work you have done from SSA or the IRS.

You know enough to know the fear is the enemy trying to cause you stress. Please do not give him any ground. Remember the Lord's Peace That Passes All Understanding
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

TraceyAndJuliet

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 08:20:09 pm »
Just me, you ROCK! Thank you!
Denied 2005
Approved 2006

TraceyAndJuliet

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 08:23:44 pm »
The form was generated when I called in to report my new job.
Denied 2005
Approved 2006