Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 30, 2022, 12:07:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16464
  • Latest: tgat241
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246152
  • Total Topics: 24582
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 110
Total: 110

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Afraid To Use Psychiatrist Records  (Read 1623 times)

flipflop64

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Afraid To Use Psychiatrist Records
« on: May 11, 2020, 10:19:48 am »
I'm going to be as short as possible because otherwise I will word vomit.

I started seeing a new psychiatrist which vocal in our appointments has support my diagnoses of GAD and MDD. I'm afraid, as I am with everything else in my life, to use him for evidence. I have to have a medical request release to him in the next week to be able to use him for my case. My CBT Therapist told me it could be dangerous due to contradictions that might be there between her and my psychiatrist's opinion.

I'm also concerned about all the medications this Psychiatrist has put me on. Does anyone has a truthful opinion on what "positive" evidence would be from a Psychiatrist? More meds prescribed and taken? Diagnoses? Frequency of appointments and willingness to attend? Overall patient progress? I've heard so many different opinions over the years.

As a side not my case doesntly solely rely on mental well-being/health as I have physical handicap evidence as well, but I'm looking for the best evidence to help support my case

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Only the title was edited by newdawn to correct a spelling error that poster was concerned about.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 10:40:25 am by newdawn »

flipflop64

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Re: Affraid To Use Psychiatrist Records
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:21:11 am »
I'm so sorry I just realized I misspelled afraid should I delete the topic?

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
Re: Affraid To Use Psychiatrist Records
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 10:30:16 am »
You must give DDS,the contact information for your psychiatrist. If you do not it could lead to a automatic denial. You nor your attorney can decide which current medical records you want to submit. Information to obtain All current medical records must be submitted.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 10:33:34 am by Just Me »
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 516
Re: Afraid To Use Psychiatrist Records
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 10:52:49 am »
I'm going to be as short as possible because otherwise I will word vomit.

I started seeing a new psychiatrist which vocal in our appointments has support my diagnoses of GAD and MDD. I'm afraid, as I am with everything else in my life, to use him for evidence. I have to have a medical request release to him in the next week to be able to use him for my case. My CBT Therapist told me it could be dangerous due to contradictions that might be there between her and my psychiatrist's opinion.

I'm also concerned about all the medications this Psychiatrist has put me on. Does anyone has a truthful opinion on what "positive" evidence would be from a Psychiatrist? More meds prescribed and taken? Diagnoses? Frequency of appointments and willingness to attend? Overall patient progress? I've heard so many different opinions over the years.

As a side not my case doesntly solely rely on mental well-being/health as I have physical handicap evidence as well, but I'm looking for the best evidence to help support my case

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm unsure what your CBT therapist means by "dangerous due to contradictions that might be there between her and my psychiatrist's opinion".

Could you clarify?

For example, psychologist and psychiatrist had slightly different diagnoses for me and it ultimately was not an issue with me getting approved.

You are required to inform SSA about or submit "all evidence known to you that relates to your disability claim".

For more about that, see an old post here:
https://ssdfacts.com/forum/index.php?topic=24744.msg229276#msg229276

It would not be good if SSA/DDS sees references in any of your medical records from other treating providers to the fact that you're also seeing a psychiatrist and you haven't given SSA/DDS your psychiatrist's contact info.

Plus, I'm guessing your psychiatrist's records are more likely to "help" your claim because it shows you're seeking treatment, what the treatment is, and hopefully the psychiatrist is documenting your symptoms, etc. What are you concerned about that could "hurt" your claim in your psychiatrist's notes?
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16