Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 30, 2022, 01:29:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16464
  • Latest: tgat241
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246152
  • Total Topics: 24582
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Army bootcamp  (Read 1884 times)

ASHLEYHOKIEFAN53

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 4
Army bootcamp
« on: June 04, 2020, 12:02:49 pm »
If join army and get promoted to e2 during training but don't finish bootcamp due to mental distress but get paid is considered was soldier or member of army

Helper

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 585
Re: Army bootcamp
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 12:27:28 pm »
You must undergo a health screening- including mental and physical health exams - when joining the military.  People with a history of severe symptoms would not be allowed to join.

How much training you complete and what your discharge code effects many things. 

You will not receive Veterans benefits by joining the army when you have a history of mental illness & are discharged before completing boot camp.

ASHLEYHOKIEFAN53

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 01:10:23 pm »
I joined when I was 25 just asking if that means was a soldier for sure or member of army and got promoted and paid but never finished all training
. I'm 34 and had one break down before then but didn't mention it as was told to do and now more breakdowns is that why can't get disability because joined army?

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 04:59:52 pm »
Having been in the military has nothing to do with being denied.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

blgreens

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 49
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 09:50:52 pm »
I agree with Just Me. Military has nothing to do with approval or denial.  I was in the Army back in the 80's, with an honorable discharge. My case was denied for 4 years but I won FF in the end.

Leihman

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 04:14:27 am »
If your plan is to join the military then your in for a surprise.  They will completely screen you to determine if you have any preexisting issues... trying to do something like this is unacceptable and I can't believe you would even ask.  This is disgusting and should be removed from the forums.

It doesn't matter what the rules are by trying to get a retirement for not even completing basic training is deplorable.  I take offense to this approach because I served 12 years and just laugh at your pathetic question!

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 07:10:12 am »
If your plan is to join the military then your in for a surprise.  They will completely screen you to determine if you have any preexisting issues... trying to do something like this is unacceptable and I can't believe you would even ask.  This is disgusting and should be removed from the forums.

It doesn't matter what the rules are by trying to get a retirement for not even completing basic training is deplorable.  I take offense to this approach because I served 12 years and just laugh at your pathetic question!

I think you misunderstood. The OP is asking if having been in the military for a short time could have a bearing on being denied.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.