Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 01, 2022, 02:52:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16300
  • Latest: Justru
Stats
  • Total Posts: 245490
  • Total Topics: 24498
  • Online Today: 251
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 90
Total: 92

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: SSA cant tell me my status...  (Read 3660 times)

lucho13

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 5
  • lucho = struggle
SSA cant tell me my status...
« on: March 21, 2021, 02:20:05 am »
  A little about me, I applied in 2016, all the way to federal remand, and had my remand hearing with a new ALJ. This was over 6 months ago. Complete files submitted 3 months ago, to the ALJ. No word on the results yet. NO VE used at this hearing!!!

I get a letter from my local SSA office , stating I may have a hearing scheduled, or may have been awarded something, I should call my local SSA office. They were closed, have to wait for Monday.

So I spent an hour on the phone with SSA , a live rep. Rep searched and looked thru my file, and tells me they cant find my status, because case was probably with the federal court. What does that mean to me?

I contacted my Attorney late in the days, so have to wait for an answer. Monday.

So I am left waiting , more than 5 years, and 2 more days for some kind of answer.  :SSA03: :SSA03: :SSA03: :SSA03: :SSA03:

Lpude

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
Re: SSA cant tell me my status...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 08:14:40 am »
You just need to wait. I been fighting my case since November 2015. I saw my ALJ december 2020 after an AC remand and still have no answer. Hopefully you'll be okay.

jsm

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 760
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 10:30:25 am »
SSA sent a letter stating you MAY have a hearing scheduled or you MAY have been awarded SOMETHING????  SSA letters can be confusing, but what you stated doesn't make much sense.  Sounds like you are not quoting it accurately.

Did your local office send this vague letter asking you to contact them or did another component send this vague letter?  And did you contact your local office or did you call another component?

SSA has little to no information to access when a case is in federal court.  And you got some employee to waste an hour trying to figure it out?  That is surprising.

Exactly what did the letter say and what part of SSA sent it to you?

I think you will get better info from your attorney or the court. 

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1036
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 03:49:23 pm »
Did you call the national number or your local SSA field office? Information from the national number is not always accurate or reliable
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

SFVLance

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 201
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 11:52:09 am »
Don't leave us in suspense when you get your answers... :Food04:
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took over six months to receive closed-period award pymt.

lucho13

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 5
  • lucho = struggle
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 05:55:01 pm »
Update folks. So I called the hearing office (jamaica), so that they can inform me" the ALJ is in possession and will make a decision. Call back 2 weeks. Keep in touch with attorney"

SSA had my anxiety levels at 10! Well, attorney states there will be a process at SSA, call back next month. I'm this far now...