Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 29, 2022, 02:23:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246146
  • Total Topics: 24580
  • Online Today: 172
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 62
Total: 64

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: APPROVED 1ST TIME WITH ATTORNEY!!!  (Read 2408 times)

Andynurse

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
APPROVED 1ST TIME WITH ATTORNEY!!!
« on: August 03, 2022, 08:47:55 am »
  I am thrilled to report that I was told over the phone I was approved this past Monday, Aug 1st.  I am posting what I believe will help others. Yes, I have an attorney from the initial application July, 2021.  I don't believe that did a fabulous job either.  What I can tell you is that the last x-ray reports that were sent to SSA, were very detailed, unlike my intial ones.  I can also tell you that the doc who did my medical evaluation, commented " denials, just part of the process".  Don't believe a word they say to you at all!!! This was completed in April, 2022.  I still don't know what diagnosis was given for the mental portion of that evaluation. I can tell you that my major depressive disorder has worsened over the past 2 years.  I am so grateful for everyone's help here, and that's one of the reasons why I am letting you know some of my experiences..any questions, just ask,be well everyone!!!!🥰🥰🥰🥰

newdawn

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 516
Re: APPROVED 1ST TIME WITH ATTORNEY!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 09:58:52 am »
  I am thrilled to report that I was told over the phone I was approved this past Monday, Aug 1st.  I am posting what I believe will help others. Yes, I have an attorney from the initial application July, 2021.  I don't believe that did a fabulous job either.  What I can tell you is that the last x-ray reports that were sent to SSA, were very detailed, unlike my intial ones.  I can also tell you that the doc who did my medical evaluation, commented " denials, just part of the process".  Don't believe a word they say to you at all!!! This was completed in April, 2022.  I still don't know what diagnosis was given for the mental portion of that evaluation. I can tell you that my major depressive disorder has worsened over the past 2 years.  I am so grateful for everyone's help here, and that's one of the reasons why I am letting you know some of my experiences..any questions, just ask,be well everyone!!!!🥰🥰🥰🥰

Congrats on your approval!!!

Did SSA call you or did you call them to check the status? Or did your attorney call you to tell you the good news?
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 02:55:19 pm »
 :Kudos03: :Celebrate22: :Celebrate23: :Celebrate16:
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

Rosesrred

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 6
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 04:03:11 pm »
Congratulations !!
Rosesrred

MisplacedTexan

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 39
  • Joined Forum early 2010 and approved in 2012
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 11:39:04 pm »
Congratulations
Wise Old Texas Cowboy saying  "Never Squat With Your Spurs On"

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in order like they should be.

Caregiver to 4 wonderful rescued dogs.

HamBone

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 72
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 10:34:53 am »
 :Celebrate01: :Celebrate14: :Kudos03:
:yahoo: Seize the Moment!

Just hold on a little longer, help is on the way
A brighter day is coming for those who believe and pray
Help won't help tomorrow if you give up today
Just hold on a little longer, help is on the way

starfishman!

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 4
  • Disability: Statutory Blindness
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 09:09:41 pm »
It's a great pick-me-up to hear your story And have a final Happy Ending.
Thanks for being here and posting Andynurse.
Way To Go!!!

Andynurse

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 07:34:02 pm »
Thank you all for being such a great support system for all, struggling,  crying,  yelling and the God awful depression that only worsened for me during the wait to hear something.   I found out that I was approved over the phone with my local SSA office.   I will describe how this happened. A few months ago,  I was informed by the  paralegal that my file was sent to my local office for " closure " I quote because that is exactly what she told me.  Then, speedo to a week before I found out,  I started getting phone calls from the local office asking me tons of questions regarding my last job.  Questions like " did you have to feed patients" , " did you have to  obtain vital signs", all descriptions of what I used to do before becoming disabled during my final job, which was basically a sedentary job.  I started to figure out that all of these questions were a " yes" and how would I ever obtain vital signs or a specimen,  and how would I feed a patient while needing to use a walker or cane.  They kept calling me with more questions every day.  I finally got the nerve up to ask if I was approved by the last phone call I received and it was " YES MAME ", I just was overwhelmed with the response and don't remember anything else 🙃.  This was 8/1, and I received my back pay on the  3rd!!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!!lol..just hang in there  ( I know exactly how you feel) and just have your phone near at all times and this could happen to you!!! God bless everyone 🙏 ❤️