Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 30, 2022, 01:06:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16464
  • Latest: tgat241
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246152
  • Total Topics: 24582
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 99
Total: 99

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: SSA and Veterans Affairs Partnership Means Faster Disability Decisions for Veter  (Read 2202 times)

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 1051
  • Nice Administrator
Social Security and Veterans Affairs Partnership Means Faster Disability Decisions for Veterans-
https://www.ssa.gov/news/press/releases/#/post/11-2016-1
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

joejoe1

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 42
  • winners learn from another
ThanksJ.M.A well deserved benefit for those who served and kept this country Free.You here those true stories of homeless vets without a help up,and sometimes I wonder how they feel.They deserve much more then they are given.I feel they;are ahead of me in any benefit deserved.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:56:30 pm by joejoe1 »
the sun always shines at noon.

Different Perspective

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 640
"This new national initiative puts in place an automated process to obtain medical records electronically without human intervention." Press release shown at https://www.ssa.gov/news/press/releases/#/post/11-2016-1.

As badly as the new system is needed, the above sentence scares me.  My fear is that it will lead to massive, useless, data dumps.  In early attempts, it was not uncommon for, literally, thousands of pages of medical "records" to be transmitted to the Disability Determination Service office.  Records like "counseled patient about seat belt usage", or counseled patient about smoking cessation, or patient was observed on his/her side with bed rails in place".   

This madness abated only after a human punched the right buttons on the computer and requested specific information that was pertinent to the case. 

Bonzai

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 505
  • Mean Administrator
As a veteran who has complete online access to his medical file, I can attest to the fact that there are many notes in my file about 'counseling' that never happened.
"If one of these engines fails, how far will the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!" - Ron White