Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 30, 2022, 12:31:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16464
  • Latest: tgat241
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246152
  • Total Topics: 24582
  • Online Today: 113
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: SSDI approved now what?  (Read 7920 times)

tvilleguy

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Re: SSDI approved now what?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 11:44:26 pm »
Thank you Grove800 and Bonzai, and for the record I achieved all of this by only using this site and the VBN on Yuku...no DAV no Lawyers..The one stellar advice that I kept reading repeatedly was to tell the truth and don't try and fake the system..it can come back and bite you..  :Laugh08:

tvilleguy

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 11:46:55 pm »
Even though this is an old post I wanted to give an update.  I filed for VA Disability on 8/29/2015 and came here to ask for some advice..I received some good advice from a few people.  As of 3/19/2019 I was approved at 50% SC.I don't know if those that did offer good advice are still watching the board but thank you.  I also received my first SSDI payment Feb 2016 (5 month waiting period) and expect back-pay for VA any day now.  Just wanted to say don't give up the fight it is possible to win and live the best possible life that you can.

And I meant as of 3/19/2016 not 2019

combatcop

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 03:32:26 pm »
TV....any of your service time served at ft McClellan....you may have been exposed to chemicals before you even served in the gulf
If you have any military buddies who served at ft Mac have them check out the ft McClellan health act.....VA also has its own website....don't know if allowed to post in this forum. You or anyone can message me
Anniston sued and won a claim in 2003  against monsanto who were in anniston untill 1971, poisioned air,water and land but NO one at ft Mac was allowed to participate
Congress is working on passing a bill to start a health registry but so far to no avail, don't believe they want to admit that possibly hundreds of thousands of vets have been possibly been poisoned
Thanks for your service...
" it's not that we CAN and others can't, it's that we DID and others didnt"