Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 30, 2022, 12:05:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 16464
  • Latest: tgat241
Stats
  • Total Posts: 246152
  • Total Topics: 24582
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1127
  • (January 16, 2020, 04:17:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 110
Total: 110

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: ss office did not screen my forms  (Read 8573 times)

lisalisa

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
ss office did not screen my forms
« on: June 05, 2015, 08:54:24 pm »
 :Main08:hello, I don't know if I am posting this in the right area, I am new to this site.  long story short , I filed for disability and won, I have a lawyer but me and my payee  (wife) did all the work, they sent me forms asking me if I was collecting workmans comp , we filled it out that I never received a dime or any type of lump settlement, well I just got an awards letter today saying my payment will be 43 dollars and it is supposed to be 1500, they said its because I did and still do collect workmans comp of 1100 a month and have been for the past two years, I called ssi just a little while ago and they told me that the paper we filled out that said he never recived any money was never screened, don't ask how they came up with 1100 a month we cannot figure that out and now they say I have to appeal it . this was ss fault , it is not fair I am about to have a nervous break down , how could something like this happen, and I also brought back all the information about my son, a form from his school and whatever else they needed and I have not heard anything on him. please I don't know what to do , I am about to commit myself to a hospital for a nervous break down , it is just not fair..  thanx for listening.   :Sad09: :Sad09: :Sad09: :Sad09: :Forum07: :Forum07:

artsya3

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 34
  • “Agonies are one of my changes of garments.” ― WW
Re: ss office did not screen my forms
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 09:11:48 pm »
Oh that sucks , did ssa tell you there is anything you can do did you talk to your lawyer?

Lit Love

• Global Moderator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 371
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 09:46:18 pm »
Mistakes happen.  It should get resolved, but this type of hiccup will cause a delay in benefits of course..

I would contact your attorney Monday.  If you're in a dire financial situation and your attorney doesn't get you the results you need quickly, then I'd suggest contacting your local Congress person or Senator's office for help.

Hudgins17

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 57
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 03:47:14 am »
What does "did not screen it" mean?

Did they not get it?  Or are they admitting they received it, but did not look at it?

lisalisa

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 04:53:29 am »
yes , they are admitting that they did not screen this information and further more I have not heard anything on my son either..i am going to local office Monday morning to find out what is going on :Main08:

jsm

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 762
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 11:10:48 pm »
Be sure to bring all worker's comp evidence that you have. Every single piece of paper. Even the documents you have already submitted.

It may be that the documents you submitted were not sufficient and the office adjudicated charging the max W/C offset.